How much does the average forex trader make?

Thanks, Truth…

Just for the record,

Truth said that I am not a failure as a person…

I am a son, a brother, a partner, and now a father…

Not sure why you have deleted your beautiful post, Truth.

It’s baffling a few of us bro. It’s not often we get snippets of wisdom here. Truth looked liked he was here to stay. We desperately need more like him. Maybe he broke the secret ancient code and was banished by the elders???

I think that is exactly what must have happened, Bob :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, shame…

The amount a trader makes is very associated with how much he has learned. So the average he makes is tied with his experience.

I’m interested in a legitimate, specific answer to this question as well. For the current era that is, I’m sure this number fluctuates quite as frequently as global economies fluctuate. What I’d like to know is the average salary of the popularly proposed “10%” of successful Spot Forex retail traders alone is, not adding in the other Market type traders or how much Forex Hedge Funds are putting out.

I do not think there’s any statistics of it. Forget about how much other people are making. Every person is different from both mentally and physically. Develop your skills by studying and practicing in the demo. Try to develop a system of your own trading. Every successful trader has their own trading style.

What you are trying to know is quite relative to answer.Because, how much a trader will earn is dependent on the maturity of him as a trader. A new trader will obviously earn lesser than professional trader. I am as a new trader earn 15% of my investment on average.

Developing trading skill is the foremost way to keep survive in here with consistency, but trading in demo we can’t develop our skill , because the experience we gather from demo works not in live account. I have seen according to my trading experience. so it is more appropriate to use micro account instead of demo to develop trading strategies.

DEMO is DEMO. It gives huge money to exploit and you would be in the relaxed state money making for fun.

My case? I was obsessed making money and even tried to make over 120€ a day from 4-5 tradings and now ended up making money with 6 Nasdaq sells and lost all. One thing goes wrong and all lost situation happened.
The strategy for the small deposit would be the limited payment.

Yes it is ,swing trade ,never scalp or day trader ,coz most traders that lose scalp ,so don’t join them

I think the account type does not really matter but real account has a way of giving responsibility and seriousness.

Personally, I think you can trade on a real or demo account for 2 or more years and be as you are or even worst off.
Most traders don’t actually stick to any particular strategy and this usually hinder them from learning all that they can.

I personally think you should first develop a strategy and then observe it as long as you can either on a demo account or real account or else you will find yourself moving in a circle repeating the same mistakes over and over again. This comes from personal experience as I am a veteran forex trader.

If you invest $16,000 and trade 10.41% of your account that will correspond to $1,666. You could buy or sell EUR/USD for a lot of 75,000 units, which will give you $7.5 per pip. If you can make daily 15 pips you can earn $112.5 a day x 5 days = $562.5. You will make $2,250 per month. You will have overall return of 14.06%. Pay yourself 50% of your profit and reinvest the balance.

Do not increase your position size. If you do you can burn out your money in no time. DISCIPLINE is the key.

Alternatively, you could trade smaller position size, such 25,000 units ($2.5 per pip) costing $544 or 3.4% of your capital.

If you want to be a successful trader you will need to get educated. There are places where you can get training for about $2,000 for 6 months. You will have access to trade alerts indicating which direction an specific pair is moving to and you follow and enter same a make money. Thanks

1 Like

…you’ve just finished college…!!!..what productive job/profession are you seeking?? Honestly for fulfilment, one needs to be doing something benefiting who …?mankind.
eg Doctors; Farmers (without them we’d all be scavenging or spending all our time growing our own food!); Teachers etc etc etc.
Financial market people; sales personnel etc - come under that category of (excuse the expression) BULLSHIT jobs.

I’m in the process of setting up FOREX trading full time - in my semi-retirement - but I’ve spent over 40 years in the aviation industry (transport industry). I’ve been studying FOREX for over 2 years - and experimenting with different strategies - I am still looking for a method, for me, that works. Every person is different. How much capital?- depends on how much you wish to make, and your risk level per trade. My intention - goal - is to make 2% a week for 10 months of the year. with 0.5 % risk per trade. I initially thought of using $200k - so = $160 annual income - but just 50k with 2% risk brings the same results. Remember -don’t but all eggs in one basket - ie throw your lot in with one Broker - they could go bust!! Trust this helps - but at such a young age - getting into FOREX , or similiar (LETS GET RICH QUICK) schemes could land you with mental/depression problems in you mid- 20’s Maybe best to “get a life” first

Sorry in my writing but I use the GOOGLE translator. I have some experience in this world, but the truth is not in forex. It has always seemed somewhat more random, but I guess it depends on the strategy to follow. My last algorithm is able to know if the current trend is for a long time, or if there will be a change in trend in the coming weeks. It is a long-term strategy (months or years), but the operation can be increased because in the trends there are moments of accumulation and distribution. If for example we operate on crude, and the price is 50 and my algorithm says that it is bullish (example), we would enter long, if it goes up to 65 we could undo part of the position, if then it goes down to 57 but the algorithm continues indicating Purchases would have to reload the position to undo in higher values, only when the algorithm indicates to close the position, we would do it and we would leave the oil with everything. I think it is more reliable or easy for me to estimate the trend that will occur, than to know if on a given day it will rise or fall in an operation of hours or minutes. In addition, if you operate intraday the commissions are much higher and you can miss great movements. The great disadvantage of this strategy is that in certain occasions a position with losses must be maintained, and with little capital it is not possible, in this case I recommend the purchase of long-term financial options (not binary options). For example: if I know that a value will fall because my algorithm indicates it but it has a very bullish path, you could enter bearish and temporarily the price may continue to rise, a good operation would be to buy put at the money in a long term, in this way the price can go very against momentarily that you will always continue with your bearish position until the expiration of the option, without risk that the broker will close the operation for lack of margin. I don’t know if I explain myself. Simulating this strategy in several assets with the same input parameters is able to obtain a 30% annual average profit on each asset, simulated for 10 years. It is a strategy based on COT data, and one very important thing is that it is not optimized for each asset, because the input parameters are the same for CRUDE, GOLD and SILVER, that gives it reliability. Currently only 15% of operations are unsuccessful, and with little loss, and there are very very lucrative winning operations. For large capitals I do not recommend financial options, but futures, because if an operation is delayed in time the premium of the option could eat an important part of the profits, but for small accounts you must always keep the margin of account.

Well If I allow myself to consider me as an average trader, then the average return on two of my brokers Tickmill and Hotforex both is 18-20% monthly. I try to never exceed this amount to unexpected losses or profit which basically destroy your trading plan.

I’ve traded before and i blew my accounts quite a number of times mainly due to lack of patience i had in the past which i’ve learned from, but i’ve also raked in quite a bit from it, ranging from $300 per day because i was a scalper, anyways, i think the best way to trade forex is to treat like an investment rather than a quick cash thing…

Average trader give up.

Even more than average trader. Most of the traders give up eventually because of loss on their trading account or because they think Forex trading is a gamble.

It is hard to invest time and money into Forex trading and wait until you become profitable. But there is also other side where the best learning is to find a good mentor who can show what to do and what not do.

To make a good decision person must have experience and for experience needs time and will.