What's the view on eToro

Just wondering what people on here think of eToro? I am totally new to this and its reading their site that has got me interested in the concept. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with this broker? Or can someone sort of point me in a better direction. I’m only talking in terms of a demo account at present.
Thanks,
Barry :slight_smile:

Well I’ve experienced with their platform, not directly with the broker, in term of knowing if they’re helpful o how does their web pages works etc. I just downloaded the Etoro platform because I was curious about it. At the beginning it was very fun, the platform is very interactive, is like playing a game while you trade. However when I started to use the MT4 stopped using Etoro because I felt it was less serious with trades. However, as I told you the platform is very interesting, it gives trading another dimension.

What I don�t know is if this platform allow you to introduce EA in trading
That�s why I always recommend MT4 as reliable and you also shot to MQL programming to test your own knowledge

About eToro no shocking commentaries

I think that Etoro is considered a bit of a game, I don’t think that they even use real charts…

Etoro is not a game, it is a trading platform with a much more fun layout is what I would say, and it is really limited on front of other trading platforms that are more powerful, like MT4 or even Ikon.

Etoro is a good platform, I prefer to work with the MT4 or the Core Options. Now does anyone know here if the Etoro lets you work with indicators, I’ve always have that doubt because I open the platform and don’t get to see a place where I can input indicators.

Thanks for the replies.

As I have said it was where I started to get interested in this whole idea of Forex Trading so I am still keen to see how their site works and moves along.

Some of you guys who have replied, I hope you don’t mind me referring to you as Comrades, as I think we are all in a battle :wink: have got me a little confused as I am learning the terminology, MT4, EA, MQL, but I will pick them up as I progress. I think their charts are real, judging them against one or two others, but I guess someone with more expert knowledge than me will know about that. It seems a pleasant enough site to me to learn on and maybe progress along the way. But I’m only using a demo account on there at present. They do try to bombard you with incentives and E-mails to open a real Trade account though. If you open a $1,000 USD account they actually give you a $500 bonus. So fair enough, it’s not a bad effort by them.
I have another post coming where I’m going to ask a question about their competition as well, which seems a bit wow, mind blowing for someone like myself!!!
Good luck to all,
[B]BARRY[/B]

I’m trading on etoro with real money since about 6 months and must say that the platform has been greatly improved in last times with the introduction of the “expert mode”. Moreover the staff is very collaborative: my account manager phones me from USA (I live in Italy) at least once per week and asks me if I need some support. They are also very correct and honest: a couple of weeks ago I was not able to login and close a position which had at that time a profit of 8K $; when I could finally close my position, the profit had reduced to 5.5K, so I complained with them and immediately they refunded me the difference.
By the way there are also some defects in the platform: a poor charting system (I use MT4) and variable spreads that can become very high and some slippage in the moments of high volatility. Moreover the platform lacks a few features wich are present in most of the other ones: in particular pending orders are not supported and all positions are closed at the weekend.
It looks as these features are going to be introduced soon, but if it will not happen, I’ll go to some other platform.

Hey Clipmax, I must say that sounds impressive the fact that they refunded you the difference on the failed closure and the support available from the account manager. How are you doing overall in the 6 months you have been trading with them? I’m just starting Demo trading because I’ new on their site and hope to progress further in the future.
Cheers and best of luck,
[B]Barry[/B]

Since I trade with real money I have almost doubled my initial amount of 30K $ and I must thank both the school of babypips and my account manager, who gave me a few precious suggestions, when I was a newbie. What I can say, is that they pay punctually bonuses they promise and that I have withdrawed money from my account twice without having any particular problem.
Once again I want to outline that the main defects of this platform are the impossibility of keeping positions open during the weekend and the lackness of support for pending orders. If they manage to introduce these features in a short time, as they promised, it will be imho a very good platform.

Im wondering if there is any latest news about etoro, I have seen a lot of mixed reviews on the net. So far i’ve downloaded some other platforms and etoro seemed like the easiest, since im still new. But I got scared and deleted it after hearing word that it is a scam. Is this true? anyone here uses the actual (real money) side?

There are alot of better brokers :wink:

You must be very good at what you do today. I’m just curious on how long it took for you until you could say you know how the game revolves?

All things are difficult before they are easy.

I don’t know if other trading platforms are any better, but I’ve found eToro really buggy, crashes all the time. At first I thought it was my pc but lots of people comment on there about frequent crashes.

what I heard about e toro, it doest use the metatrader,

Hi all,

I just want to mention that there was indeed a small minority of traders who had problems with our software, due to bandwidth limitations. However, we have since fixed these problems and the amount of traders reporting bugs in the eToro WebTrader has come down to virtually zero.

It’s also important to let you know that the eToro software is constantly evolving. Today’s eToro WebTrader looks nothing like the downloadable software we started with.It is still extremely user friendly, but contains many more advanced trading options. We also provide traders with the option of using our services through the meta trader platform (you need to contact our support for that), but even the most professional of our traders prefer to trade with the WebTrader and OpenBook platforms because they are more comfortable and provide social trading options (such as automatically copying other traders) that simply don’t exist in meta trader.

I hope this was helpful, and I wish you all happy trading!

Sincerely,
Mark, eToro Team

Hi Mark. Is eToro thinking of providing the option to put all your equity on a trader and not just the 20%? Is this on your future agenta or not?

totally agreed, the 20% is a pain in the bottom :stuck_out_tongue: speaking to them on live chat i believe its going to stay that way too.

:stuck_out_tongue: learn to trade on your own bro. I use mt4 charts then just use etoro for my broker :stuck_out_tongue:

It;s just i think the user should have control over the amount of money he is going to put on a trader , thats why i like zulutrade more.