Ichimoku - Any thoughts-experiences to share?

I’ve been looking and studying long-term trend trading methods based mostly off daily price charts. Something I could check a few times a day and not be glued to the screens all day.

Today I did some reading and studying on the Ichimoku Cloud - Kinko Hyo methods. Looks pretty interesting, straightforward and maybe even easy to follow…

I’m wondered if anyone has used the Ichimoku methods and would be kind enough to share your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks, Don

ichimoku is my trading life… I use it and rely on it soo much that i made my own indicator based on it and my own personal trading logic.

I find the ichimoku to be soo precise in its methods which allow traders to confidently take positions with tight stops and hit TPs.

If you follow the rules of ichi and stick to a plan… you will see rewards.

Thanks for the reply! It was last Saturday when I opened this thread with my question. Since then I took the ichi out for a drive this pass week and had one of my best weeks ever! …as I also mentioned over at JoshG’s thread…

I only looked for and traded long EUR/USD and with multiple orders I took home around 270 pips. Don’t think I was ever drawn down more than 20-30 pips. :slight_smile:

I was testing the waters using very small position sizes so I didn’t have much of a “percent of account” gain. But as I feel more confident with the ichi I’ll increase the size of the positions and attempt to make some money!

Earlier today I saw your web-site and charts, I can see how you’ve really incorporated the ichi into your trading, looks like you’ve done a nice job!

thanks,
don

Care to share how exactly you use it?

zaboon,

What really help me understand and appreciate the Ichimoku was reading and studying the PDF titled [B]“IchimokuWiki”[/B]. I picked-up the [B]“IchimokuWiki”[/B] PDF from JoshG’s post on an earlier Ichimoku thread.

I’ve dropped in a link to the PDF on JoshG’s earlier post. I think the [B]“IchimokuWiki”[/B] is a great learning resource for anyone wanting to understand and test this very cool trading method!

http://forums.babypips.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12163&d=1273225177

thanks for the info! I will study the PDF. :slight_smile:

The Kumo is a very nice indication of trend and is far less ambiguous than using moving averages, for example.