Swing trading philosophy :)

Hello guys

After few weeks of watching a charts of a day and week i found it !
Swing trading is just like fishing :).
I mean you look out for a lake that you think there is fish.Whola you found a lake! Prepare you best fishing pole … take a sutable lure … throw your pole and wait…
What happend next is you need to be patient to let a time pass camly.

But aways look with sharp eye at your float and you are ready to cach big fish :).Some time you got a small tinny fish some time you got a BIG one, some time you waist you time :).

I’m a bit bored xe xe so don’t laught too long at me :slight_smile:

Happy trading

Vladimir.

ahahahah… strahotno si narisuval kartinata :))

dosta e precizna, no razbirase ima tolkova mnogo tunkosti, kakto i v risuvaneto taka i v ribolova :slight_smile:

ahahahah… you drew the picture perfectly :))

its quite accurate, but keep in mind the little intricasies, such that exist in painting as well as in fishing :slight_smile:

Regards,
E. Lang

I love your analogy. I had a few times this week where I pulled my rod up too soon and the dam fish got away, taking my bait :mad: . I gotta work on my patience since I’m losing more than winning which is a no no in this game :slight_smile: . Maybe it’s just me because it was definately easier on the demo.

Topgun

swing trading? I’m not too familiar with this…but I am trying this Matt guy. secretforexsociety.com/swingtrading.html

So far I’m holding positions long enough to come out with decent profits at the end of the day, or two.

Swing trading is generally defined as taking positions which are expected to be held for one or more days (at least one overnight), and potentially out to a couple of weeks. Think days-to-weeks for swing trading and weeks-to-months for position trading.

Well you sound like you’ve had experience with that. I haven’t sooo…anyway, that link I have above this post, could you scan over those results and see if they look realistic?

Very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Those results look kind of dodgy. I mean the total at the bottom seems good, but take a closer look at the specifics. There are a lot of simultaneous positions. By that I mean I see instances where they are long USD/JPY and USD/CHF at the same time, for example. If you were to do that you would have a double USD exposure, unless you did half trades. In that case you’d have to cut the results in half.

The other thing that bothers me is the number of triple digit losses as compared to triple digit gains. Seems like the have a 100 pip stop, but very rarely take a 100 pip profit.

So would you give this guy a “green” light or “red” light? Like I said, I’ve never done the swing thing…but I’ve been pretty happy with Felix’s stuff so far. Just don’t know if I should venture into unknown territory.

I would “red” light pending a deeper review of the actuals.

Swing trading is the shiznit, its amazing, i love checking out the weekly stoch., rsi, and 5/10 ema crosses, get the main trend and forget about it, a couple of days later bam you got hundreds of pips in your account, you look at a weekly chart and its like smooth curvy hills with defined entry and exit points,…i think i found my holy grail LOL.

gergesa28

Gotta love the longer-term charts! :cool:

If you can sit in positions for weeks (or months), and can handle the fact that you need to risk more pips (but not necessarily more money) and you can do really well being a longer-term position trader.

Good point there rhodytrader. :slight_smile:

gergesa28,

Can you explain your trading style, I mean the indicators used etc.Do you use trailing stops.I tried using it and had problems like exiting too soon or remain in the market too long.It scares me thinking of not looking at the market for a week.

I am interested in swing trading because i have a full time job, also enjoy swing trading but need to develop a strategy.

Thanks

I also enjoy not being pasted to my computer screen.

-Look at the weekly charts on sunday, then daily and 4H
-Identify a sweet trend and entry point
-enter at market or sell/buy limit
-forget it
-journal when it closes

simply enter when theres a sign to enter and leave when theres a sign to leave.

the good thing about holding positions longer is that you can take your time to analyse and dont need to rush into fast decitions.

what i mean i can tell you by a simple example:

bullish engulfing, initiate trade… days later you have a bearish engulfing, leavfe your trade takeprofits initiate contra trade.

very simple example yes i know

here, maybe this illustrates what i mean:

trade number 6 (the last one) made so far 408 points plus (inclusive scaling in every 4 hours)