What's the difference between part-time and full-time trading?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default What's the difference between part-time and full-time trading?

Okey, it can look like kind a silly question, however..

I understand that if i'm swing/position trader it's part-time then,
    and if scalper/daytrader its about full-time. Am i right?
    Is it possible for example to be full-time swing trader?

How many hours a day do you trade and what kind of traders you are?

Best wishes, Stronger91

Quote Originally Posted by Stronger91 View Post
    Okey, it can look like kind a silly question, however..

I understand that if i'm swing/position trader it's part-time then,
    and if scalper/daytrader its about full-time. Am i right?
    Is it possible for example to be full-time swing trader?

How many hours a day do you trade and what kind of traders you are?

Best wishes, Stronger91
    It's a really good question actually because I myself having a hard time figuring it out what's the difference between part time and full time trader.

I view full time trader who makes money solely in trading and that he/ she do not hold any regular job and living out off profit from trading. Part time traders are still holding on a job but still do trading on aside.

Intraday trader. Mostly trades NY session and sometimes Asian Sessions.

I would say full-time is when you do nothing as trading every day and earn enough money so you needn't do anything else. -and part time is having a job and trade in your free time (in hope) to make some extra money

I think full time is when you live from it and part time when you are on the way.

There's no difference as far as trading goes. It depends more on what your definition of full or part time is. Full time could mean you don't do anything else but trade. Part time could mean you have a job and trading is not your main income. You could be a student and trade along with going to school. I do other things beside trade, I say I'm a business man. The amount of time you spend is dependent on your situation. No matter how you classify someone full or part time to trade successfully, they need to use a method to trade, along with proper money management and exercise patience and discipline, while you work your plan.

Yeah, i agree with all of you guys..
    but still, lets say scalping is the best i can do in forex market, but i have a regular job..
    Soo... its kinda complicated to say am i full time or part time trader, isnt it?

Best wishes, Stronger91

Use some caution with scalping and shorter term intraday trading when you're starting out. When you're learning, you want to give yourself time and not have to be rushed into making quick decisions, even if you do have a trade plan laid out 1 , 5 , 15 min charts I feel are really for more advanced traders, and even those guys can go for wild unexpected rides.
    Also longer term charts gives you plenty of time for your day job, you can always go to faster charts later.

Well, I'm defenitely a part-time trader. But if there are people who, let's say trade only like 5-6 times a month on during the economical news releases or people, who trade with EA. Maybe it is still enough money for living, but what to do all the rest of the time? Just nothing? So they go to work. Aren't they full-timers than?

Quote Originally Posted by ritika goyal View Post
    when you are doing trade in your free time and you do not relay on trading for your earning completely it’s a part time trading. when you opt trading as full time job and do nothing but trading whole day and do not need anything else to earn money, its you full time trading

Thank God you took the trouble to bump a thread from 2013 to point this out - otherwise we'd never have known.

maybe a full time trader wears a better shoe!!!

Forum Sponsors