Indicators For Scalping, please post here

If you have the right broker and the right strategy for scalping, you can do pretty well.
You asked for an indicator. Let me post you some pictures.
To get the info as where this indicator can be found you have to email me at <[email protected]>

The yellow dots represent "support area"
The purple dots represent "resistance area
The red dots represent ā€œsell signalā€ and they are also used to indicate where stop should be (usually few pips above the reddot)
The blue dots represent ā€œbuy signalā€ and they are also used to indicate where stop should be (usually few pips below the last blue dot)

You sell when red dots are close to the purple dots (meaning: you sell at a solid resistance point)

You buy at the yellow line if the dots are blue (you are buying at the support level)

I donā€™t know if there is anything easier then this for scalping or for getting 10-50 pips a day with 3-6 trades per day.

Yes, the indicators are very nice, why donā€™t you just share them here, so we can learn and discuss themā€¦
Ok, i have sent you my e mailā€¦
thanks my friendā€¦:slight_smile:

Regards,

IIN

I think that there are some errors here regarding the idea of scalping.

Scalping can involve large lots (positions) and any time frame.

The essence of scalping is that you only profit a few pips, such as 1-5 pips.

By using a large position it is still possible to profit wellā€¦butā€¦the majority of brokers will want to shut you down.

How is this done?

It is automated and written in the computer language code of the charting program.

I am not a computer programmer but, in simple language, it goes something like thisā€¦

[I]If trade large
and
If trade positive
and
If pip gain small
then
trade close signal=NO SIGNAL[/I]

ie, your charting program friezes.

I do not use indicators for scalping - I do not use indicators at all. Instead, I am a candlestick trader. When I shifted from indicators to candlesticks, I stopped making repeated losses and, for the first time, started to make real profits.

I scalp (but prefer to let my trades run) using candlesticks.

I use a broker that permits scalping.

Regards, Tymen Wortel, Perth, Western Australia.

I agree with Tymenā€™s explanation about scalping, sorry guys, for my wrong explanation about it.

In my opinion, candlestick is an indicator too. may be you can share your experience here, so we can learn more deeply about the candlestick in scalping, if you donā€™t mind, please.

Regards,

IIN

To Iinzall :

My scalping candlestick approach is [B]still under development [/B]but it basically uses 3 strategies :ā€¦

[U]1) Recognizing the appropriate candlestick pattern.[/U]
This is obvious.

[U]2) Trading ONLY those candlestick patterns that appear on or above the Bolinger bands.[/U]

In this way you are trading an extreme and, if the price action has been walking the bands to some extent, then, when the pattern appears, a change is anticipated, ie price is expected to move into the centre.
For example, the evening star pattern seen on the upper Bolinger band.

[U]3) A staged entry.[/U]
The position size is divided into 2 or more parts.

A first entry may, if so desired, be made as soon as the first new candle   after the pattern appears.
Then, using a 1 minute chart, aided by its own Bolinger band and a MACD, we watch...................

a) If the trade goes the right way (into the centre), we profit. 

But this profit may be only a few pips, say 10, or 5 after commission.

Therefore we use quite high leverage (standard lots) and maybe two lots.
We then get a suitable profit.

b) If the trade goes against you, then the 1 minute chart with MACD and BB comes into play.

We watch for the price action to reach its total extreme, then do a 2nd entry.
                                The computer now averages the 2 entries to give one good entry.
                                Being at an extreme, the price now is expected to reverse to the centre - the probability of it doing so is very high.

So down it goes, not much though, and we collect the profit as before.

NO STOP LOSS (disaster stop only). The Bolinger band acts as a ā€œstop lossā€ in that it limits price action extremes - have you ever seen price action go past 3 standard deviations??!!

We can let our profit run onwards into more candles and so make more pips, say 20, under suitable conditions.

So far, I have had only one loss with this approach, but I want to stress that this whole idea is [B]still under development.[/B]

I use a whole range of time frames from 20 mins to 1 hour to get sufficient patterns - plenty so far.

Finally, a suitable broker is needed to be able to trade like this.

Kind regards, Tymen Wortel, Perth, Western Australia.

Sorry, for my late answer Tymen, cause the electricity in my place is always off once a week :frowning: .

I really interested in your method, cause actually i learnt about candlestick too several months ago, but i change then, and use some indicators in my trading way.

You said that you combined BB and MACD, what are their setting ?

I guess if you have time, would you add some screenshots to make it easy to understand.

Best Regards,

IIN

i too am interested in your method as i am getting creamed in the market, i prefer making short trades and then get out of the market. let me know please.

thanks

To Iinzall and Pipstinger :

This is to let you know that I have seen your requests and I will post some screen shots next post. :slight_smile:

I can do the ā€œattached filesā€ method but have never before done the direct pictures method but Elang has shown me how to do it. So it will become my first attempt.

I shall edit it in Microsot paint first with some editorial notes.

So hang in there!

OK, i am waiting for it patiently, Tymenā€¦:wink:

Regards,

IIN

Iā€™m also enthusiastically waiting to waiting to see how you trade, Tymen. All your posts have been very useful, and it will be incredibly helpful to see how you go from start to finish in a trade, and exactly what you are looking for in combination with the candlesticks.
Cheers

To Winner :

Wow! I had barely finished typing a reply to you recommending this thread and you are already here!

This is going very fast - please let me catch my breath! :o

Now that everything I reply to is directed to this thread, I can concentrate on one theme and not let my ideas be scattered around.

Before I say anymore please note that my ideas are still [B]under development [/B]and are by no means fixed in concrete as yet. Feel free, therefore to view the ideas with skepticism. :rolleyes:

The essence of my approach is [B]simplicity [/B]. Being under development, ideas and input are welcome, but please be simple!

Ok, now I am going to look at the forex market, find a trade, then take the screen shots direct from there and edit them.

Then try to post the material in a form to be understood. Again I am indebited to Elang, Master contributor, for telling me how to post charts etc via Image shack. :slight_smile:

It is now Saturday night here in Oz, and the market is closed.

So I will have to wait till Monday when it all happens. :smiley:

if you want to post the screenshot, you can use this site too, TinyPic - Share The Experience!ļæ½, you upload your pic there, then several choices appear, i always choose ā€œfor forumā€, ā€œcopyā€, then paste it to the replyā€¦thatā€™s all.
If you want to try this wayā€¦please do.
hope it can help.

Regards,

IIN

Thanks Iinzall, will try that!

Thank you for sharing. Im looking forward to seeing you this plan in action.

just testing image shack - TinyPic tested.

[http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1374/93134714wo2.png[/IMG]"]]([IMG)

Yay!!! It works!!! Thanks Elang!

This picture is just a [U]test[/U].

Sorry Iinzall, I have tried TinyPic but with dial-up internet, it simply uploads too slowly.

But the good news is that i can now post my approach with pictures!

That isā€¦ my super furry ginger cat has decided to go to sleep on my lapā€¦an unexpected crash in my forex trading!

Oh dearā€¦he really has gone into a deep sleep!

He is heavy.

I am such a woos.

No matter my friend. Just Do which the best for youā€¦:wink:

Regards,

IIN

Well here it is :

I have finally got my act together and can now explain, with charts, my ideas for candlestick trading.
All these ideas are [B]experimental [/B]and subject to extensive modification.

But nevertheless, as you will see, candlesticks work.

I am trying 3 principles for trading :

1. Find the [U]pattern [/U]on any one of a number of time frames.

2. The pattern must be on or above the [U]Bolinger bands [/U]so that they are extreme giving an extreme entry and looking for the price to return to the centre.

3. Use a [U]staged entry [/U]by dividing the investment into 2 parts. If the trade is looking good (going to the centre) then the 2nd part is not needed. If the trade is going even more extreme (to the outside of the BB) then the 2nd part could be added.
    In that case, your computer averages the entries to give one good entry.

[B]Notes[/B]
a) The outline of this trade is detailed and will require more than one post.

b) The [U]stop loss [/U]is replaced by the Bolinger band. You do not set a stop loss as such but, because of the extreme entry, the Bolinger band limits the amount that price action is likely to go against you.

c) I am using a ā€œstandard lotā€. The 1st part is one standard lot and the 2nd part is another standard lot. You can use any amount you wish - just set aside 2 parts.

c) My handling of the following trade was very poor. I started out in total error and more errors were made. Even so I made a profit in the end. Candlesticks appear to be forgiving.

d) I explain the errors and I think much can be gained from them.

[B]The trade :[/B]

The trade was made going [B]long[/B].

I found (or thought I found) a [U]morning doji star pattern [/U]on the 20 minute chart of AUD/JPY and this I chose to trade. The time of trade I will give upon request - just tell me where you live.

Now the first chart - and look at those errors !!

By tymen1 at 2007-08-30

Firstly, I did not look properly and the "pattern " is nothing really. Anyway, I entered the trade and got stuck with it. But [U]it is [/U]on the lower Bolinger band.
So first rule - stay cool and look properly.

The entry was a market entry going [B]long[/B]. By entering at market price, 5 pips commission was added and the entry was too far into the centre, that being 95.15.
A limit order would have been better giving an entry of, say, 95.10 giving more travel distance into the centre.

Ah well, we have got it now, so lets work with it.

Now we go to the 1 minute chart in case we need the 2nd part of the entry.

Here is the 1 min :

By tymen1 at 2007-08-30

Let us see how this trade developed on the 1 minute chart :

By tymen1 at 2007-08-30

Horror of horrors - the trade is going the wrong way! We want UP (to centre), but its going down.

Now a much better entry would have been at points 1,2 or 3. 1+2 are into the lower BB and 3 is crossing the moving average. Point 3 is also an excellent place to add to a trade because - rule - never add to a losing position!
The MACD tells us that 1+2 are good entry points.
A profit would soon be forthcoming if entry was made at 1,2 or 3.

[B]Continued next post, Tymen1[/B]

Hi Tymen,

Fantastic to see your post with the charts. I wish that more people would realize that you can sometimes learn more from errors than from successful trades. Just a couple of questions.

1. Bollingers are new to me so I was wondering if all the additional lines that you have on the 1 minute charts are part of the Bollinger bands as you donā€™t have them on the 20 minute.
  2. How are you interpreting the MACD in the 1 minute?
    3)I know that you are looking at time frames up to 1 hour, but I was wondering what specific time frames you are monitoring initially to look for trades?

Looking forward to the continuationā€¦itā€™s now like waiting for the next episode of a good soap opera on the telly!

Cheers

Quick answer to you Winner then I [U]must[/U] go to bed (it is 3am in the morning)

1. The additional lines are additional Bolinger bands with standard deviations 2.4 and 2.8, the main one being 2.0

2. The purpose of the MACD is just to see whether the price is rising or falling and to see approxinately where it turns. The turn is great to see when the price is going against you !! It also assists in getting the best possible stage 2 entry.

3. The time frames are as follows ā€¦20 min to 1 hour in 5 min increments plus the 1 and 5 min time frames. Also a daily to get the big picture.

Kind Regards, Tymen Wortel, Perth, Western Australia.

[B]There has been a crash of some sort on this website and I was unable to continue. All is now fixed and I shall continue episode 2 in the morning.[/B]:o

Regards, Tymen Wortel, Perth, Western Australia.