Asian session

Anyone else here trade the Asian session on a regular basis? Would love to here some pros and cons about it and hear about some solid techniques and strategies to make the most of it.

I think Happy Pip does that since she’s focused on the comdolls like NZD/USD and AUD/USD, which are both active during the Asian session. I suggest you watch the yen pairs around those times, too. I find the Asian session a little too slow for my liking (I prefer the London-NY overlap plus the rest of the US session), as I simply look at market sentiment and Asian session reports in order to setup my trades for the later sessions.

Thank you. I’ve been trading USD/JPY but you’re right, it’s a very slow session. How do you do just trading market sentiment?

Probably you can test your strategies and study the market. Coz there is a low liquidity & no big players.

I am still trading Asian session to test my strategies.

I don’t trade the Asian session, but from my observations, the Asian session tends to be range-friendly, especially with the European / USD pairs (EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURGBP etc).

The AUDUSD, USDJPY and AUDJPY tend to be the most volatile of all the pairs during the Asian session, so if you want to trade trends / breakouts, then perhaps you can focus on these pairs.