Canadian Forex Traders

Hello,

I am a Canadian trader and wanted to get with a broker. I see a few credible brokers like Questrade and Oanda. However the margin they give you is very low. Are there any other brokers that are credible brokers with a better margin in Canada? I was recommended XM Markets but saw some shady reviews about them.

There are many good brokers out there. First step is to ensure they are regulated, either FCA or CySec. Have a look through Plus500, let me know what you think.

I have been using XM for almost 3 years can’t complain when ever there’s a problem

They always contact me ASAP
And fix it !

I also recommend XM. Don’t worry about the reviews as there is no broker with only positive reviews.

I was playing with Plus500 on a trial basis last year but now when I browse to the site, I get a message that this site is not available in Canada. It won’t even let me log on.

I was looking at FXCM Canada, but when I searched them to get more info they sent me to Friedberg Direct who said they are only using their technology. I can’t find a FXCM Canadian website

Friedberg is regulated by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). That means clients have their funds protected for up to $1 million each. That is why FXCM has chosen to offer our trading services to all traders in Canada through Friedberg Direct (www.fxcm.ca).

Thank you. So Friedbeerg is a market maker. So if I sign with fxcm.ca I would be dealing with a market maker, instead of FXCM ECN/STP & STP?

Has anyone tried Etoro? I used it as a demo and had a decent time with it.

Where did you read that Friedberg is a market maker?

All Friedberg Direct clients trade forex using FXCM’s No Dealing Desk (NDD) execution.

The purpose of our NDD model is to provide transparent and fair execution. Every trade is executed back to back with one of multiple liquidity providers that compete with each other to provide you with price quotes. The best bid and ask prices available to Friedberg Direct are streamed to your FXCM platform with a fixed pip markup added which acts as a commission. NDD execution offers the following benefits:

[ul]
[li]No conflict of interest between broker and trader
[/li][li]No dealer intervention in trades
[/li][li]Liquidity providers do not see your stops, limits, and entry orders
[/li][li]Competition reduces the potential for market manipulation by price providers
[/li][/ul]

Forex Brokers Comparison results Scroll down to Friedberg Direct hit compare.

Thanks for telling me about that website. Unfortunately, the info they provide for Friedberg Direct is incorrect. Friedberg uses FXCM’s NDD model for their forex execution.

Furthermore, the website you referred to says the minimum to open an account with Friedberg is $600 for a mini account and $6000 for a standard account. That information is also incorrect. There is only one account type at Friedberg which allows you to trade micro lots, mini lots, standard lots and even larger order sizes provided your account has adequate margin. And as you can see FAQs on the Friedberg site, the minimum to open a Friedberg account is $2000.

Thank you for clearing it up. I believe traders should take as much time to select the right broker as they do their trading method. Im sure most traders like to make their decisions on accurate information.
Gp

I agree with this. Or, check the stats constantly I guess so you could easily switch if it’s needed. This is just from my newbie experience though.

I decided to go with XM, which method do you use to transfer funds?

Hello everyone,

I created a crypto information feed aggregator in real time! More than 20 different reliable sources. Do not miss any opportunities!

https://t.me/joinchat/NEvE3lG-kqWMd9r0YYYIiA

And in the website www.Go-trading.quebec you can find some available brokers in Quebec and Canada :slight_smile:

NO SPAM
TRUST SOURCES