EURUSD Top Down Analysis - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you analyse the market with a top-down approach?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 66.67%
  • No

2 33.33%
  • Unsure

0 0%
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Hi TrapTheMarket, there's a special section of the forum for analysis threads of this kind (which really don't belong in "Forextown"): http://forums.babypips.com/the-analyst-arena/

Hi, Lexys! I started the thread to focus on a top-down outlook on EURUSD and the pairs on my watch list. I want to use it discuss a top-down approach with members' input/contributions. I don't see the analysis I do as detailed enough to be under 'The Analyst Arena' unless the forum moderator feels otherwise. I want members' views, particularly those who trade the pairs on my watch list or are short-term swing traders. Trade safe.

Quote Originally Posted by csc2009 View Post
    Thanks for the useful tips, keep up the good work.
    Thanks csc. Good luck on your trades.

If you want to successfully trap the market, your timing is key. Beyond price, timing is everything. You have to know when to wait and when to strike. If you enter a trade at the wrong time, you know the result may be detrimental to your account. To trap the market, S/R zones and other boundary-definition factors are important. However, it is very important to use the strong zone-definition factors or levels and know when to enter your trade. Trade safe.

Do you analyse the market with a top-down approach? If so, share your view or analysis here. Although much of the focus is on EURUSD, any pair you want to use as an example of your approach will be accommodated. Good luck in your trade.

I'm now preparing my charts for the week. My weekly outlook on the pairs on my watch-list is as follows:

Bearish: AU, EG, EJ, EU, NU
    Bullish: GN, UC
    Wait/Mixed: GU

I usually wait for the US open on Monday to confirm where change in disposition needs be effected. Trade safe, trade well.

I love this quote from Mark Minervini as it speaks to the principle of top-down analysis and market trapping:

'The less time I am in the market, the less risk I am taking.' – Mark Minervini, a Market Wizard.

Tip: Focus on trading well, the money will come.

Tip: If you are going to trap the market successfully, watch price action at daily and weekly S/R zones, then use the significant signal candles that present themselves there for trade trigger.

Nuggets: Don't use too many technical indicators or technical indicators that don't perform complementary roles. Use a few (for me a max of 3) complementary technical indicators as part of a few significant confluence factors to track, stalk and trap the market/price action.

Forum Sponsors