Ideas on Cable
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas on Cable

Default Ideas on Cable

Clive Tyldesley bringing further disgrace upon the country commenting that Iceland "bringing on another name you haven't heard of are leading England". HUBRIS

Final score England 1 - 2 Iceland.

What Ideas do you have on the trend for cable. A 33% Correction at least must be in order right?
    Last edited by ropunzel; 06-28-2016 at 08:40 AM.

There is a strong 21 period EMA to price cross on the 30 Min candle and trend looks up. It would make sense for cable to correct to at least the previous High of about 1.38779, which is a 500 pip move.

I cant think of any reason why it would plummet more at this point, there should in increasing confidence and certainty moving forward.

Come on people, look sharp.
    Last edited by ropunzel; 06-28-2016 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ropunzel View Post

Come on people, look sharp.
    I am busy haha

Mind you, UK ratings downgrade not good for sterling and QE might be in the offing. the word on wharf is still short
    Last edited by ropunzel; 06-28-2016 at 10:56 AM.

I cant think of any reason why it would plummet more at this point

I've never pretended to be any kind of expert on fundamentals at all; but rarely, if ever, in my whole life have I seen a broader panoply of multiple reasons, myself, for a currency to plummet.

The very fact that someone can look at today's fundamentals and imagine that they're a reason for a long position strengthens my determination to stay well away from fundamentals, because I literally have no idea at all how these circumstances could conceivably warrant such a view.

Quote Originally Posted by lexys View Post
    I've never pretended to be any kind of expert on fundamentals at all; but rarely, if ever, in my whole life have I seen a broader panoply of multiple reasons, myself, for a currency to plummet.

The very fact that someone can look at today's fundamentals and imagine that they're a reason for a long position strengthens my determination to stay well away from fundamentals, because I literally have no idea at all how these circumstances could conceivably warrant such a view.
    Sure. What is your view and why.

I don't but should do fundamental trading with a 1 to 3 month view. IMO it is the only sensible way to consistently make real money analysing a few simple tangible facts.
    Last edited by ropunzel; 06-28-2016 at 12:53 PM.

What is your view and why.

I've already expressed it, above, as far as I'm able to. I know very little about fundamentals. I'm just baffled that anyone seeing what's going on with the UK economic and political situation can imagine that it's a good sign for Sterling rather than a bad one. It kind of makes me wonder what you'd regard as bearish, if this is supposed to be bullish for the pound ...

No no.you missunderstand me. The overall sentiment is definitely bearish. The correction I am thinking about is a technical play not a fundamental one. All the smart money is on down short ot medium term; I have have been harassing my friends in the city to get a feel for their sentiment.

Plus if I get it wrong, doesn't mean the whole concept of fundamental trading is at fault.
    Last edited by ropunzel; 06-28-2016 at 01:29 PM.

if I get it wrong, doesn't mean the whole concept of fundamental trading is at fault.

No, I see that - I'm not suggesting the whole concept of fundamental trading is at fault (even I know better than that!); just commenting that I know nothing about it, and that I'm honestly astonished to see a bearish position on Sterling being discussed in the context of fundamentals, in these of all politico-economic circumstances. But I wish you good luck with it, anyway.

So you are for a short then

Forum Sponsors