Vantage trading comp?

Anyone else here having a go next month???

I’m in it as I’m trying to refund my trading account. Unfortunately, after my mishappen, the bank is thinking it is increasing likely that my savings have gone so I’m starting from scratch again. I know one other regular is registered. Maybe we get a side chat happening.

Hi Bob, yes I am too, starting Friday 1st July… I am also doing the InstaForex competition and did ValuTrades one last month…prepare to compete against EAs, with people returning 6000%+ profits…it’s mental

The website colour scheme put me off. Couldn’t face that every day :slight_smile:

How do these competitions work ? and how do they track who made how much ? Do you have to deposit with the competition organizers (brokers) to trade through their platform or is it based on myfxbook ?

G’day PMH

Head to head bro lol. Been a couple of years since I last went in one. Yeah, your right there’s some damn good players there that know how to use leverage and trade with no stops. It’s all a game. So play to enjoy. Been pretty devoted to building my own EA built around my magic boxes, the idea is I make the trade but it manages it. Using it as a live forward test just going to increase risk 10 fold

They need to market themselves better. Hows this for a landing page

There all just a marketing tool bro. Get people over to their plateform. Again one has to read their PDS to understand the bling bing on their home page. At the end of the day just another market maker.

As Vantage Global Prime is the market maker i.e. the issuer of the CFD products described in this PDS, Vantage Global Prime is the counterparty to every contract. You will have an exposure to us in relation to each contract as is common to all OTC financial market products. You are therefore exposed to the financial and business risks, including credit risk, associated in dealing with Vantage Global Prime and reliant on Vantage Global Prime’s ability to meet its counterparty obligations to you to settle the relevant contract. Our ability to fulfil our obligations is linked to our financial wellbeing, which is commonly referred to as credit or counterparty risk. You must make your own assessment of our ability to meet our obligations.

To enter, this one is pretty simple once you have a myfxbook account. Just click on register, download their platform and log in. Different brokers market themselves in different ways, so too with these trading challenges. Most use demo, some have live challenges. They have different ways to measure performance. Just have to read the rules.

From what I read in the post some people have trouble understanding the rules, makes me wonder how they can possibly understand the markets.

Oh, I forgot a song for the lords of the underworld

May the ‘best’ (=craziest) trader win :slight_smile:

Carzy the word bro! No skill here just luck

I DARE you to look at this Award Winning website without sunglasses

LINGsCARS.com

You dared…I did…Guess I won’t be getting that minute back. :cool::cool::cool:

…warm up your mouse…

Bloody platform has locked me out and won’t let me trade. Not a good start for the marketers at Vantage.

Reminds me of the start of a FXCM contest I did a few years ago. The charts didn’t line up with the bid ask price the numb nuts.

Mind you, I am not making any money… the markets are awfully choppy…

No good bro. I’m up 4.7% on the back of a 30 pip move on the EU. Apply some leverage and I would be off with a bang.

Which is why I don’t use Vantage in the first place.

Make that 7%. Lovin my new trading panel.

Mind you, not all winners, got off to a bad start. But time to shut shop for the day/week. Have a great weekend bro, un-doubtably we’ll have a chuckle sometime here

well theres one less trader for you guys to beat now. just went bust trying to match the martingale EAs that will probably win the thing.

good luck to all the human traders left in the contest!

Hey there Vinnytrades…sorry to hear…

I am taking it easy with it…the markets are quite choppy…

Euro and Pound are amorphous beasts, and so is the Kiwi…

I have not.tried Aussie or Loonie…

Shorting Yen pairs has also been treacherous, and so

has buying them…

It is one of the worst times to have a contest.in terms of market.conditions…at least for me. I am only risking $500 per trade, that is about 50pips at one lot poisition…
This means I have about $47,000 left.to play with…I am being quite conservative because I have not seen big wnners developing so far…

Best of luck with your next contest!

No good bro. I just placed my first bet but the spread and comm cost are huge compared to my normal broker. The same trade is yielding a 35% lower return. That hurts me and why I won’t use these guys. They are market makers and anything could go on behind closed doors live.

Don’t think martingale or grid systems can win these such comps. The winners use huge leverage and very tight stops to make the returns they do. Martingales and grids work for a very large capital starting with small lot sizing. There is a fair degree of skill in that but it’s matched with just the same dose of luck.

Kinda like you PMH, bit flat on the EU. Again, got to know how one’s system makes money and mine is definately during a trend. With independence day holiday today the market could lack direction. It will only take a couple of poor chooses to wipe me out. First trade looking good but. See if I can pick an exit.

Nice one, Bob …

I made about $1400 buying silver this.morning (and closing the trade about an hour ago)… I am struggling to.make good entries on anything else, it is so choppy

Good pick up bro. I’ve got the first run but all down hill since. EU trading in a narrow 15 pip range and I’m in a world of pain. These narrow ranges kill me. Trying one last break even trade then calling it a night.