Conclusive Proof

As for this comment, all be it quite openly disrespectful when you know nothing about me or my own personal trading activities, it says quite a lot more about you as an individual.

So, in this instance, apologies if you took what I said in the wrong context - however I have no control on other peoples ignorance to reading in-between the lines.

I must also agree with the above quoted text, I do not know much about you either - as stated in your own words, shown below

>>>

Then again, when a ‘non entity’ starts to mention the reliability of MT4, it starts to beg the question on just how experienced they really are outside of the ‘typical’ retail crowed? (again, I’ve quoted below for your convenience)

>>>

“[U]Relative[/U] drawdown” is the counterpart to “[U]absolute[/U] drawdown”, not the counterpart to “[U]maximum[/U] drawdown.”

“Relative drawdown” is what I look at, myself, and specifically the “[U]maximum[/U] relative drawdown” (which is more important to me than the “average relative drawdown”).

I don’t know what it means (I don’t really “do religion”) but it sounds good. :cool:

Sounds like a lot of google searching there. Lol. You do like to try and blind one with science; but from my experience have no real fundamental grasp of the concepts involved or their implications.

Sounds great.

That, and Profit Factor (which I’ve always found a useful [I]comparative[/I] metric, comparing different options.) And I always include MAE in “drawdowns” (though I have tight enough stop-losses for it hopefully never to be relevant.)

interesting. Let’s have a peek at your track record

Actually I have no more to say to you, [I]especially[/I] since you edit your posts [U]after[/U] I’ve replied to them.

Sorry, I’ve really tried pretty hard to help you, in [I]many[/I] threads (as well as responding promptly and courteously to your private messages when you’ve asked me for advice that way), but the bottom line is that I just can’t help you. :8:

I wish you well.

O.olll gosh…

Ouch babe. Why so tetchy…I just asked for some track record…:13:

[I]"A prince, therefore, ought always to take counsel, but only when he wishes and not when others wish; he ought rather to discourage every one from offering advice unless he asks it; but, however, he ought to be a constant inquirer, and afterwards a patient listener concerning the things of which he inquired; also, on learning that nay one, on any consideration, has not told him the truth, he should let his anger be felt.

And if there are some who think that a prince who conveys an impression of his wisdom is not so through his own ability, but through the good advisers that he has around him, beyond doubt they are deceived, because this is an axiom which never fails: that a prince who is not wise himself will never take good advice, unless by chance he has yielded his affairs entirely to one person who happens to be a very prudent man. In this case indeed he may be well governed, but it would not be for long, because such a governor would in a short time take away his state from him."[/I]

niccolo machiavelli The Prince

I’m just a little concerned because the overwhelming majority of users here are still in development of their craft, and the blind leading the blind will get you nowhere fast. It would be good for posters to back up their positions with some objective evidence.

Ropunzel you have no bloody idea about Lexy and you should.bloody well shut up with all this ‘show me, show me’ demands: you have no right to demand any personal.information from anyone, no matter who you are

If the prime minister of Denmark came on here, let’s say, and demanded someone’s track record, she would probably be told to go away… So it does not matter how important or knowledgeable you are: demanding to see people’s private track record is just a nonsense.

That’s nice. Quite clique around here I see.

Well if a member of the community presents themselves a certain way (as a de facto expert in the field) then I think it would be for the benefit of us all to verify their credentials. How are we (novices) to know the difference between good and bad advice (cite Machiavelli).

I don’t c what the issue is really, what does the ruler of Denmark have to do with anything.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so show me the money.

So if Leda Braga or Jennifer Fan came on here to give advice would you also ask THEM for audited track record before accepting that they are the successful traders and financial investment professionals that they are famous for?!?!?!?!?

Well I think the fact that they have demonstrable track record which created their fame may swing it. But I would still want to do some diligence if they were pitching me a specific product and or approach.

Bernie Maddof

Clapping hand… Well well well that was v well said… Was wondering r u a lawyer? Cos u talk so well. Need some advise from u, as I’m not a lawyer, not gd at talking. Pardon mi if I say anything wrong. Was wondering show record thought only apply for something like when u apply for a high post in a company like cfo or ceo job? U apply for the post n u the one need to show the company your track record not the other way round. Or maybe like u selling a product to someone and u need to show the person your track record of the item inorder to sell him or her the product. But from what I read Lexa is not selling u anything products and u not a company that want to hire her… So my thinking was… There no need for her to show u anything, in fact u should thanks her giving u advise. Am I right to say that? Even husband n wife that sleep in same bed together hv no right to ask either one to show their anything, cos everyone have their own secret n privacy. And Lexa is not related to u in anyway… And also please be polite to a fairlady… Correct me if I’m wrong…and hope I’m not adding oil to the fire… Lol

directed at Lexy on Monday:

directed at Lexy on Tuesday:

Ropunzel, you’ve been running your mouth long and hard in this thread since Monday, and it has gotten waaay beyond tedious.

You’re posturing and pontificating. And everyone in this forum, even the newbies, can see that you are basically a blow-hard, with nothing of value to contribute to this forum.

You joined this forum almost 4 years ago, claiming that you already had several years of trading experience. And immediately – beginning with your first post – you attempted to dazzle this forum with your economics vocabulary.

Okay, Mr. Experienced Know-It-All,

Let’s see [I][B]your[/B][/I] verified track record.

If you can demand track records from other members of this forum, then you – with your many years of trading experience – can damn well set the example, and show us the brilliance behind your big mouth.

We’re all waiting, Big-Shot.

Sweet n power!!! Mmm I’m waiting too big shot. Please educate me this newbie with your track record so I can learn something.

Hi Ropunzel.
How do you propose anyone verifies their track record? We all know myfxbooks can be manipulated and fake bank statements/broker statements can be produced. Even if someone on here produces evidence, as has happened here before, they get pounced on by others claiming its falsified.
I still ask for this myself when I’m sure someone is trying to scam newbies, but thats more to alert newbies to be wary.

bravoooooo!!

Oh gosh oh gosh… So it can be fake… Nowadays so many fake thing… Mmmm so rapunzel, u can verifies your track record? If u have any… I’m newbie don’t Bluff me n scare me… O.olll

Thanks you for your post, it was very colourful and interesting.

And also thank you for inadvertently bringing us back to the point I was making. Please let me know where I presented myself as an expert “Big-Shot” trader laying down the gospel on the ins and outs of the business: I do not and I have not, so your criticism in that regard is completely unmerited.

Unfortunately, this place is overrun with such characters. And it does give me some pause to reflect on the objective value on the advice I am receiving when the conversation stumbles into an area I happen to know very well. I have to ask, am I being well guided in those other areas I know nothing about.

I’ve noticed that a lot of the time the post and replies end up spinning completely of topic and, I was hoping that people would at least attempt to answer the original question: we are what 28 posts in now and I think so far no expansion on possible system evaluations tools and or further insights into how rigorously others review their systems to have ‘[B]Conclusive Proof[/B]’ that maybe it can fly.

The motive for writing the original post was to answer the question - Is my evaluation process robust enough.

by pitching for feedback on how other people evaluate theirs; Babypips as a forum to brainstorm additional approaches I might not have thought about.

So setting the ball rolling by presenting few standard tools that immediately come to mind I invite the community to add their own. And I genuinely don’t understand how that quickly descends into:

• Being accused of using “Fancy Terms”
  • Being ridiculed as the use of standard industry metrics as “Preposterous” and the like.

You see the problem.

Please, if you are replying to a post I originated or gave in reply to somebody else. Please please please, check your ego at the door with your coat.

And it’s good to see that you stick up for your friends.

Thank for the post.