Upcoming UK Elections - the second coming of Christ?

Greetings folks,

Theresa May recently called for a snap general elections in the UK on June 8th. My hope is that Labour, the liberal Dems and indeed all parties majority in favour of Bremain will coalesce around a manifesto with a Bremain or ultra ‘lite’ Brexit agenda.

Might the election results in that case be the second coming of Christ for GBPUSD traders.

Whether it goes up or down won’t affect my trading, as long as it does one or the other.

Trading aside, this is a major u-turn by the PM and
completely unacceptable.

Not completely. Plenty of political leaders have done things they said they wouldn’t and not done things they said they would. Often to strengthen their personal position. As long as its through democratic process its all part of the game, and they all play it. I can’t think this U-turn is worth anyone changing their usual voting preference.

Well my vote is with who or whomever pulls back on the madness of Brexit. Voted Tory last time.

I cannot vote but I hope that people realise that it is one thing to vote in a certain way at a referendum, like the Scottish one or the British one, and entirely another to trust the party who delivered the referendum to deliver on its outcome.

I cannot forget, as Kenneth Clark said, that Tory official policy for the last fifty years has been for Britain to be part of Europe, so this about-turn has zero track record from that point of view.

Sadly the opposition is in disarray, so unless there were a coalition of Labour, Greens, and LibDems, or some combination among them, there will be either a hung parliament or just another Tory win.