Trading platform for mac

Anyone know a trading platform for amac?

Hi Repeat,

If you are running a Mac with Leopard you can use “Bootcamp” to
partition a portion of your hard-drive and install Windows XP or Vista.
If you do this you can start up your Mac in the Windows OS and take advantage of any platforms or software that do not support the Mac OS.
I’ve been successfully doing this myself with several demo trading accounts
and back-testing software programs. You can have the best of both worlds!
Just make sure you install anti-virus software on the Windows side.

Beetee

Not sure if this is any help.

I currently use Interactive brokers for opening and closing orders. Their platform is java based. For charting I use prorealtime, which is also java based. This is the best I’ve found so far, aside from having to install windows via bootcamp or parallels. The problem with running bootcamp was having to reboot each time I wanted to check charts and trades. I guess if your mac is a dedicated trading machine this wouldn’t be an issue.

IB’s charts feel very sluggish on my mac despite having hardware that’s more than capable. ProRealtime is quick and very responsive, although a bit pricey.

If you do manage to find anything that’s native to the mac, let me know.

Oanda supports the Mac.

I use VMware Fusion and it works pretty well. I’m just demo trading for now, but I’ve not seem a ton of issues and I’ve tried to demo a big number of different software programs.

Right now they are having a discount sale on VMware, so Merrrrryyyyy Christmassssssss…

Regards, Ken

i have a mac my self and love it. Forex.com has java software that works great. but i am thinking about using bootcamp to use the downloadable software that they have.

I am on a Mac Pro and I am using a software call Parallels. It runs your Windows OS on your Mac at the same time as your OSX. So you can use any broker you want.

Hope that helps

You could try Think or Swim.

you can try oanda or fxcm i think they offer trading platform for mac. Check them out.

repeat: Dealbook WEB by gftforex works on Mac

My broker is acm & since they own their software, you hardly have any technical troubles. I am very pleased with their platforms. I often travel abroad and their mobile platform lets me to trade from my I-pod everywhere. They also have a web platform compatible with mac�you should check it out.

Hope it works for you!:D:D

The big questions seems…
Does anyone know of any S & P futures platforms that work well with Macs?

I would really appreciate some professional candor with regards to Mac and computer speed for trading�

I�m planning to trade S & P futures.
I DO NOT want to get a PC.

I�m told, however, it may be risky due to a lack of computer speed for processing real-time date e.g., the use of Java based software program, or a web based platforms could be risky since the processing speed is compromised!

I�d like to know if you have experienced this as a real challenge,
as it seems like a legitimate concern.

Work arounds suggested have been the use of a partitioned hard drive to run Windows and on Parelleles Software program. Do you have any experience with the speed issue while running on this platform? It seems so…

Thanks you for you professional candor.
Paul Schween

I have an hp and it’s working great for me…