Become An Honorary Member Of The FX-MEN

[B]Become Part Of The FX-MEN[/B]

At BabyPips.com we try to provide the best possible learning environment for traders of all levels. And even with the many superpowers that we possess, we simply cannot answer every question that is posted by our community. That is where you can come to the rescue!

[B]So How Can You Help?[/B]

[I]Contribute Good Content[/I]

That’s right. If you have some valuable piece of information, don’t hold back! Share it with your fellow traders. We can all learn something new everyday and the more people that share, the more we can all learn.

[I]Answer Questions[/I]

“Teaching is also a good way to learn.” If you see a question that you think you have the answer for, then by all means, help your fellow trader out. Even if you aren’t completely sure if you are correct, your answer still may help someone. Just be sure to say that you aren’t 100% sure that your answer is correct. No one will flame you for your answers. In fact, users who flame answers will be given infractions. This doesn’t mean they can’t debate your answer, but they just can’t post things like, “You suck!” or “You don’t know what you’re talking about!” While those are all great lines to say to your buddies when you’re drunk, the BabyPips forums is just not the place for those kinds of comments :slight_smile:

[B]Moving Up In Ranks[/B]

There are 2 ways you can become an Honorary Member of the FX-MEN:

1. For every good post we see (whether its a good contribution or answer), we will “bestow” upon you reputation points. You will get 10 points for each answer we think provides value to the community. There are different ranks you will achieve as you accumulate reputation points but once you have 600 points, you will receive the title, “Honorary FX-MEN Member”. Users with this title will have the BabyPips.com blessing and will be regarded as valuable contributors to this community. Basically, you will be the shiznit!

2. If you accumulate 1000 posts you will also be given the title of Honorary FX-MEN member for your contributions. So stop lurking, and start posting! :smiley:

Our goal is to build a community of traders who provide value for each other. The more you contribute, the more you can help. Remember, at one point in time you too had a question that needed an answer, so this is your opportunity to give back to the Forex community. The fate of the ummm…world depends on you.

Sincerely,

Big Pippin
[B]The Sexiest Member of the FX-MEN[/B] (It’s not my super power, it’s just a gift :cool: )

Don’t treat answers are just answers and there is no answer for any questions and they are only suggestions.

The title of honorary FX-Men member sounds really cool :). I’m going to reach the 1k posts in no time.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

Is there a way how I can review the number of reputation points which I erned? Just curious :slight_smile:

To the best of my knowledge, Babypips has discontinued the reputation point system quite some time ago.
Status (or rank, or however one wants to call it) only changes with the number of posts a member has.

Cheers,
P.

And as the website gets older, it becomes increasingly meaningless, as ever more of us are here who have acquired labels purely through having been here a while - and sometimes not even being particularly frequent posters. My hesitation with it is that for some (many?) new members/traders the honorifics might imply some guarantee of experience, knowledge, profitability etc. You and I are labelled Superior Master etc and Honorary Member etc - it sounds as though we know what we are talking about, yet it could just mean that we have asked over 2500 daft questions between us!

I understand that the old, quality-of-post system was labour-intensive, perhaps overly so, and am not seeking a return to it necessarily, but I do personally think that we should ditch the current system altogether. We can each see how many posts others have and draw our own conclusions. The titles imply excellence which can give excess weight to the points of view of more experienced posters that is not necessarily backed up by their trading knowledge etc.

But sorry all if that is controversial, I just think that the system as it is does less good and introduces more imbalance the longer it endures. Post count is not the same as experience. And yes, I’d happily give up my own label along with the others!!

ST

Hi Simon … long time no see. :slight_smile:

Yeah, those ‘ranks’ don’t mean much, and people should not pay too much attention to them.

The best way to judge members’ trading experience is to carefully read their posts and then to use the tool between one’s own ears.

I, too, would happily dispose of the labels, and rather have a simple post count.

Cheers,
P.

Indeed, hello, how have you been doing? I thought at one point that you had left, as I had not seen you post in a while, then I was on holiday myself so was a little absentee. Glad to see we’re both still here!

I have seen some drivel posted by people with very high post count, and insightful stuff from which I have learned a lot posted by some with a much lower post count. It is obvious that that will happen, as people join at different times, and it is easy for established members to identify the ones who talk a lot but don’t include much sense - my only fear is that the titles might skew the perception of newer traders (rather than newer members), might lead them to lend more weight to the advice of people with fancy titles! But maybe I’m seeing something where there is nothing.

Concur.
Some statements by members with 1000-plus posts make one wonder whether the person has ever traded, while others from ‘Newbies’ or ‘Junior Members’ are brillant.

The best thing is to just ignore the labels completely … once one has spent some weeks on this forum, one will know who posts valuable content and who just spouts garbage.

Cheers,
P.

Agreed … all are suggestion with a subtle and usual forex disclaimar …LOL ! :slight_smile: