Where can I get the best charting software?

Ok, so I’m new to the forex and am looking for a good charting package. I’d love to hear your opinions and see what charting packages everyone is using. Thanks for the input!

-Sam

I was using metacharts with interbankfx and fxcm’s charting software. Then I switched to xtick… so easy to use I love it!

Hey Tradervlad,

Are those freebies? Do I have to open an account to get access to the software?

Thanks

Suggest you go to this site since it has a list of companies with fx charting software and description of their services:

http://www.goforex.net/forex-directory/forex-software.htm

hope this helps :slight_smile:

You may also try this site:

http://www.stock-market-investing.com/charting_software.html

i use metatrader and fx power charts (not so good but ok). there are very very few free charts that are actually very good. the only one i found is metatrader. if anyone has any other good ones which cart FIb extensions and retracments(more then 3 lines) then let me know please. i also really like fxtrek charts but they cost as at least 40 bucks US a month. xticks is also really good but is costs $$$. if you are a bigginer to the forex market then go witht the free charts. there are plenty of good ones and some brokers give you free access to some when you sign up with an account. so when you look for a broker you should factor that into pickinga good one. once you have gained some experience then you can afford to go for the other options.

Have you tried the fib calculator at Investment Calculators ? I use it because fxtrek’s web based charts only give 3 lines. It’s a bit of a pain, admittedly, but it does the job.

anyone know of a good place to get some COT reports?

Right from the source, Commitments of Traders

If you need any help reading them, here is a good investopedia article.

Using COT Report To Forecast FX Movements

Original question was about selecting charting software

I’m using Multicharts. multicharts.com. This one use the same programing environment as TradeStation

No, this is not a free software ***. But, your are never left alone. Forum member and staff do really help a lot to answer all kind of interrogation.

Advantage:
You choose your broker. Personally, I don’t want a “no fee” broker as they charge you with the spread. If your trading daily bar, no problem with a higher spread, but dealing with low scale like 5 minutes, 2 pip spread is the difference between being profitable or not.

Good luck

Edit:`
***: We are in this game to win money. No friend here, specially from the broker. My opinion, if broker gave me a free tool, he will want something in return. Either with higher fee or by knowing what I’m doing. This is my personal opinion :slight_smile:

mt5toolbox offer good scripts for mt5. you can try it

Lots of people wants charting software.Basically its contains too many category like Electronic Charting System (ECS) Software.Laptop & PC charting software.stockcharts.com theres some free stuff of related to charting software.

I’m using mt4, but I wish it has the bid/ask chart feature like in marketscope. All in all, MT4 is my favorite because I can change broker without changing software.

Either with higher fee or they know what you’re doing? They ALL know what you’re doing and they find the best traders to copy trades. I knew a guy who owns/runs a forex company and he can match trades any time he likes.

at this soft ware
optionbott.com

Meta trader is the best platform and until they’ve completely worked out the mt5 bugs metatrader4 is the only way to go. It’s widely believed that most traders use charts with candle close in gmt time and it’s helpful to see what everyone else does when it comes to candlesticks and patterns. That of course is only my opinion and it’s important to find a broker that meets YOUR requirements! Use this link and click on ADVANCED OPTIONS and find a broker that tailors to you, not the other way about! Good luck!
Compare Forex Brokers | Top Forex Brokers | Forex Broker Reviews