Where can I get the best charting software?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Where can I get the best charting software?

Ok, so I'm new to the forex and am looking for a good charting package. I'd love to hear your opinions and see what charting packages everyone is using. Thanks for the input!

-Sam

I was using metacharts with interbankfx and fxcm's charting software. Then I switched to xtick... so easy to use I love it!

Hey Tradervlad,

Are those freebies? Do I have to open an account to get access to the software?

Thanks

Suggest you go to this site since it has a list of companies with fx charting software and description of their services:

http://www.goforex.net/forex-directo...x-software.htm

hope this helps

i use metatrader and fx power charts (not so good but ok). there are very very few free charts that are actually very good. the only one i found is metatrader. if anyone has any other good ones which cart FIb extensions and retracments(more then 3 lines) then let me know please. i also really like fxtrek charts but they cost as at least 40 bucks US a month. xticks is also really good but is costs $$$. if you are a bigginer to the forex market then go witht the free charts. there are plenty of good ones and some brokers give you free access to some when you sign up with an account. so when you look for a broker you should factor that into pickinga good one. once you have gained some experience then you can afford to go for the other options.
    Last edited by honeb; 12-05-2006 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by honeb View Post
    i use metatrader and fx power charts (not so good but ok). there are very very few free charts that are actually very good. the only one i found is metatrader. if anyone has any other good ones which cart FIb extensions and retracments(more then 3 lines) then let me know please. i also really like fxtrek charts but they cost as at least 40 bucks US a month. xticks is also really good but is costs $$$. if you are a bigginer to the forex market then go witht the free charts. there are plenty of good ones and some brokers give you free access to some when you sign up with an account. so when you look for a broker you should factor that into pickinga good one. once you have gained some experience then you can afford to go for the other options.
    Have you tried the fib calculator at www.mypivots.com/Education/tools ? I use it because fxtrek's web based charts only give 3 lines. It's a bit of a pain, admittedly, but it does the job.

anyone know of a good place to get some COT reports?

Quote Originally Posted by forexcranium View Post
    anyone know of a good place to get some COT reports?
    Right from the source, Commitments of Traders

If you need any help reading them, here is a good investopedia article.

Using COT Report To Forecast FX Movements

Original question was about selecting charting software

I'm using Multicharts. multicharts.com. This one use the same programing environment as TradeStation

No, this is not a free software ***. But, your are never left alone. Forum member and staff do really help a lot to answer all kind of interrogation.

Advantage:
    You choose your broker. Personally, I don't want a "no fee" broker as they charge you with the spread. If your trading daily bar, no problem with a higher spread, but dealing with low scale like 5 minutes, 2 pip spread is the difference between being profitable or not.

Good luck

Edit:`
    ***: We are in this game to win money. No friend here, specially from the broker. My opinion, if broker gave me a free tool, he will want something in return. Either with higher fee or by knowing what I'm doing. This is my personal opinion
    Last edited by arjfca; 06-13-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Forum Sponsors