Backtesting software

Can anyone recomend me a software for backtesting forex trading systems?

I can’t recommend any software that would help you back-test for that I have not used any software in such a manner. (as in back-testing automation) However, I think it is best to back-test systems manually. You then get a feel for them and in the long run I think this helps you better understand the method. Did I mention back-testing manually is tons of fun?

Instead of spending your energy looking for a shortcut just test it yourself, bet it would be quicker for you to back-test it yourself opposed to finding out a way to do it automatically.

In the SCHOOL section of the babypips website under “Six Steps to Setting Up Your System”, there is a tip on ‘How to Test Your System’. It says:

“The fastest way to test your system is to find a charting software package where you can go back in time and move the chart forward one candle at a time. When you move your chart forward one candle at a time, you can follow your trading system rules and take your trades accordingly.”

I would very much like to test my system this way but am having difficulty finding a program that will allow me to go back in time and move the chart forward one candle at a time. Can anyone recomend any? (It would be best if it were free also. :smiley: )

Thanks
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Check out forextester.com

You could do it in Excel, if you have those skills. Not many folks do, though. :frowning:

I’ve never do a step forward like that, but I have used Excel a lot in backtesting because I feel like I can drill down in to the data better than in something like Metastock (which I also use).

Check out ForexInterbank’s simulator.

esignal lets you back test. but i don’t think it’s free.

You should probably check out wealthlab, genesis ft and tradestation - these are the big names in trading system development to my knowledge. :slight_smile:

Definitely Forex Tester, it is the only forex backtesting software I use. It has a one time fee, and free historical data. The program is loaded on your computer, so you don’t have to be online. I use on my Mac with VMWare Fusion and it works great.

My only recommandation would be Metatrader. But if you really want to test your system and to see if it is really reliable, I advise you to build an EA out of it.
An EA will always follow your rules during the backtest, what you will not certainly not since you know what happen next…and emotion, memories ect…
Take a step forward and enter in the word of automatic trading and backtesting.

i discovered that the indicators mentioned in grade 11 are enough and for back testing i extend my daily chart to 10000 days and apply those indicators and check symptoms of trends befor they appear instead of using backtesting software i addopted this method .so i want to ask that is it right or wrong.

Hi can you send me the feature or reviews about the trading station of meta traders

Trade interceptor 6 they have live demo and traders gym(backtest section of program) all in one software allows for one candle movment at a time forward backward pause feature and at the end of backtest has a trading report option which has all information on trades like win percent, largest win, net profit etc and its free
Just open a demo through there software with a broker they listed and you can use same details to access the traders gym, im currently creating a moving average crossover system with macd :slight_smile: