MT4- how to change the time? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You can't change the timezone of your Mt4.
    It is based on your broker.

You need to change brokers if you want to switch timezones.
    It doesn't really matter what timezone your broker is unless you're trading the 4h chart and above, where different brokers would report different closes, and thus different signals will be given. I personally trade the 4hr chart, and I use OANDA.

Regards,
    Nasdin

Quote Originally Posted by nasdin94 View Post
    You can't change the timezone of your Mt4.
    It is based on your broker.

You need to change brokers if you want to switch timezones.
    It doesn't really matter what timezone your broker is unless you're trading the 4h chart and above, where different brokers would report different closes, and thus different signals will be given. I personally trade the 4hr chart, and I use OANDA.

Regards,
    Nasdin
    Actually solution is already found in FF, i'm testing it now.

The only noticeable change that you will experience is that the Market Watch time in MT4 will now be set at GMT+3. This might not affect your ...

Might want to check this out: LocalTimeAxis indicator. It should come up on the web fairly easily.

There is an architecture limitation in MetaTrader pretty much with every broker, that doesn't allow the "built in" time to be anything other than what that particular broker's server time is, which is usually GMT +/- 2 or 3 or whatever. So unless you actually live IN the server time zone, you're pretty much stuck with doing the mental calisthenics every time you just want to know the time that relates to whatever bar you're looking at on your charts.

But this indicator can set it to plot just above the native time axis to look almost exactly like it so at least it doesn't take up too much room on your charts, which may be the next best thing to actually being able to change the time on the platform itself.

Attachment 63251

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPippin View Post
    As far as I know (because I used to wonder the same thing) you cannot change the time on MT4. It sucks I know.

Might want to check this out: LocalTimeAxis indicator. It should come up on the web fairly easily.

There is an architecture limitation in MetaTrader pretty much with every broker, that doesn't allow the "built in" time to be anything other than what that particular broker's server time is, which is usually GMT +/- 2 or 3 or whatever. So unless you actually live IN the server time zone, you're pretty much stuck with doing the mental calisthenics every time you just want to know the time that relates to whatever bar you're looking at on your charts.

But this indicator can set it to plot just above the native time axis to look almost exactly like it so at least it doesn't take up too much room on your charts, which may be the next best thing to actually being able to change the time on the platform itself.

Name:  mt4 time converter.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  23.2 KB

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by bprandy View Post

Name:  mt4 time converter.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  23.2 KB

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
    it's nice but it cost 12bucks any free alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Pglizzy View Post
    I've tried to change it but it doesn't seem to work...it might just be controled by the server
    Yes, I think so,
    Metatrader is based on server time. so it won't be use for our local current times.

I also tried to change my MT4 timezone but it's imposible, the platform get time from the broker and my broker is based on Europe. But I have a question, why many brokers change their timezone in some events like this:
    https://www.vinsonfinancials.com/vi/...ht-saving-time
    What is US Daylight saving time and how does it affect broker time?

Forum Sponsors