Forex Tester's Support Thread

This thread has been made for answering the questions related to Forex Tester Software. Please feel free to ask about features and technical issues you face. Note that this thread is for supporting users and not the advertising. So please do not leave any irrelevant or promotional posts. We will place top questions that our users ask - this will cover 90% of all questions you are about to ask.

Hi, I am thinking of getting forex tester but Im not sure what kind of historical data I need. I see there is Basic, Standard and VIP-data. The Basic Data is free but only “Medium quality”… How important is this? I will not test any advanced robot-script. I only want to use the simulator for practising simulated trading. Is basic data enough for me or will it give me unreliable testresults? Would appreciate an answer today because they have discount today :slight_smile:

I’m little bit late :18: But I’ll try to answer your question anyway. Maybe it will be helpful for others.

So in [B]Basic (free) data Subscription[/B] that “Forex Tester” provides you with historical data for 18 pairs form Forexite broker. These data are provided from 1st January 2001 till 30 June 2016 (free data are updated monthly at the beginning of a new month). These data don’t have volumes so each 1-minute bar has 1-4 ticks in it. I think it’s better to use these data on higher timeframes (15-30M or higher)

In [B]Paid Data Service[/B] you can get 1-minute data with real volumes [I](Standard Subscription)[/I] and real tick data with Bid and Ask prices [I](VIP Subscription).[/I]
These data must have better quality and it could be better to use 'em for more precise testing.
VIP data are recommended for testing scalping strategies.
Standard and VIP are monthly subscriptions.

It is your choice what do you need, what’s the level of accuracy do you prefer. But i don’t really think that Standart (free) data subscription will give you bad or unreliable results. It makes no sense.