What platforms/ software for a total newb?

So, I’m ready to get my feet wet. Trying to find out what software there us or platforms for making trades. I understand the risk, but which ones have the best cost for trades, and link to mobile apps? Any other information would be appreciated also! Thanks all!

You can use MT4 - it’s the most comfortable platform for newbie and expert traders. There are PC, web and mobile versions of it. That’s why I personally find it the best.

One should choose that trading platform where you can build your own trading strategies, get alert signals , interactive charting tools, report generation directly from the trading platform. Those who are new to trading, look for that trading platform which is easy to use, can trade various instruments under one roof. Apart from these features, one should go for that broker who provides such trading platform at the most competitive cost and offer tightest spreads.

Yeah. I’d advise you to test several platforms, but I use metatrader4 as Alex
It has all the necessary features and tools to make the work fully fruitful.

Yes but the MT4 order (execution and order tracking) system isn’t very friendly - are there any plug ins that make it a bit easier to use?

THere are some programs, but found that all of them missing something for complete package.

Agree with Alex, I’d recommend MT4 as well, it’s newbie friendly :slight_smile: