Trading Psychology in Forex

In Forex, Trading psychology is relatively important. It is the perception change that you go through once you are actively in the markets trading your own money.

Psychological factors indeed play an important role in our success in the forex trading business. Therefore if we want to be successful in forex trading business, we are required to have good psychological condition.

Do you know what I have learn from trading psicology? Absolutely nothing, just how to cope with losing time. Even if you are mad and not relaxed you can still make money. The key factor is cut loses short and stay with them the less as possible and let proffits run and stay with them as long as you can; being humble enough to say “ok I screwed it, better luck for the next one”; don’t over trade when feeling frustrated about loses and finally don’t get too confident when you are winning. That is what really works.

The funny thing is - every single thing you just mentioned IS trading psychology :wink:

I can say that trading psychology is one of the most important factors in trading. There is no a single trader who become successful without good trading psychology.

Most important thing: Money
Second Important thing: Don’t lose it

Its very important to be in best of the mindset before trading, you can enjoy trading as well as you can be in good motivated state where you can learn as well as make good strategies according to situations.

Lol…
But I agree with you. Money is really important for us for our live…
Money is everything…

As a general rule, before using any EA on a live account, it is advisable to run it in the demo environment until you understand how the EA works.
When testing an EA in a live environment for the first time, you should limit your risk by only investing a small amount of capital. If the EA performs well, you can invest more.
Watch your EA carefully and try to understand whether it performs well (or badly) in trending markets or ranging markets.

The psychological aspect of trading is extremely important, and the reason for that is fairly simple: A trader is often darting in and out of stocks on short notice, and is forced to make quick decisions. To accomplish this, they need a certain presence of mind. They also, by extension, need discipline, so that they stick with previously established trading plans and know when to book profits and losses. Emotions simply can’t get in the way.

It’s often important for a trader to be able to read a chart and have the right technology so that their trades get executed, but there is often a psychological component to trading that shouldn’t be overlooked. Setting trading rules, building a trading plan, doing research and getting experience are all simple steps that can help a trader overcome these little mind matters.

Trading psychology has nothing to do with luck. I believe that emotional trading is often as a result of poor decision making, probably driven by greed or fear. This is why the aspect of using stop loss and take profit limits is so crucial when you do not have a particular bias on a currency pair. Most successful traders already know what they expect to make/lose from a trade prior to opening their positions. Therefore, the psychology in trading is all about keeping the discipline, following your strategy and resisting temptations.

You’re right. Psychology in trading is different with hoping on luck because psychology of trading is important thing in forex trading. More practice will give more experience and it is easier to control emotion when traders had more knowledge and experience. Psychology in trading has relationship with greed, patient, discipline and any other emotion for trading. Capability to control emotion will give high impact to the result of trading and decision to make in transaction.

My psycho logic is great!

-Adrian

From fact different condition will make different psychology , and also different result will make the pesychology be different , moreover about the applicable of management the business , different management also make the trading psychology have different . So always be relax and have mental steady when doing this business

Discipline, discipline, discipline.

EX: Make only 4 trades per day. After 1st loss, go back and re-evaluate indicators. If lose twice quit for the day and figure out where you went wrong. Lose no more than 2% of your balance each day.

Works for me.

Yeah, it will be easier for us to control emotion when the condition of the market is not much different with our expectation but it will be harder to control emotion if the market’s movement is up and down so it is same with our expectation but it moved in another direction too in big number of pips (sideways in high number of pips). That’s why, it will be easier to stick on the rule if you had good money management and risk management because you won’t lose more than you could afford to take.

Most of the traders lose their hard earned money to the forex market inspite of being skilled with good trading related knowledge because of their emotions. Thus, one should keep their emotions well in control.

Having good skill of trading must be supported with good money management, risk management and emotion control. It is right that trader must capable to control emotion well to be able make right decision in any different condition of market. A lot of knowledge only is not enough to make me capable to control emotion well, it will need a lot of experience in real trading and my confident to the planning in any condition of market.

Very much true and i am the real example of losing money instead of having the required experience to make the trading business as my sole source of income because of my poor risk and money management skills which am working towards.