Psychology of our first trade

Excitement and depression to the extreme is always bad for the traders. Hence, maintaining the emotion in a balanced manner is critical for the traders success on long run.

You are true , at the first time i am doing trade of forex market i feel reaaly excitement with high passion to trade more and more cause have high desire can earn money as much just in few times , but unfortunately my desire not happen

This happens to all the traders when they have taken their first trade and with the anticipation of making profit or loss the excitement increases even more. Thus, best way to avoid such excitement is by implementing right money and risk management.

If we want to protect our losses then it can be done easily and for that purpose we will have to make sure that our trading risks are less and stay under control.

In this way we will be able to protect our trading accounts also :slight_smile:

I was nervous during my first trade, and I still am nervous during my trades now after years.

Competence can give you confidence, but admit that trading just is not natural, and cope with it!

Oh, that was funny.
Do you, guys, know the movie “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”? Do you remember how Walter was sending his first wink via dating website to a woman (forgot the name)?
Gosh!! It was the same:32:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Focusing on trade instead of focusing on money is the best way in my opinion. If you focus on money more then on trade something is wrong. I have no problem with loosing money if i did everything right.

No one who can make perfect strategy which can guarantee 100% profit in trading so it is common thing for you if you feel worry in your trading, especially in your first trading. But if you have made preparation in your money management and risk management so it’s no need too much nervous in your trading although it could end with loss because profit and loss has been managed with your trading plan. It is natural thing for you to face profit or loss in transaction in forex business. As long as you have limited the loss then you don’t need too much worry about it.

Shouldn’t you win the money if you have done everything right?:slight_smile:

Not always.
You can plan your trade, follow good mm rules, study the market, etc, but for some reason the trade goes against you.

There is no one who can trade well in the first transaction in trading especially if you don’t have quite much experience. So, it’s important for traders to stick on the rule when they started to trade with real account. If you can follow trading plan well then your result of trading won’t be too much different with your trading in demo account. But mostly traders can’t control emotion in trading with real account. Some traders could be too hurry in making decision, some other could be too emotional with using high lot size to gain big profits in single transaction.

Yes. But I think a good traders knows the reason then.
Sure, I know that sometimes trend isn’t your friend, but the line behind you should see.

That’s the struggle of new traders. Their trading psychology (ego, emotion control, etc) is being trained in live account. I always recommend some newbies to make a small capital of live account in order to train their trading psychology.

Yes, you’re right. Newbie should learn about technical things in demo account until they’re ready to trade in real account. The easiest way to know that you’ve been ready to move into real account or not, you can look it from your trading plan. If you have your own trading plan and you are confident with it, then you could step into real account with low amount of capital first so you can learn the pressure in your psychology from low pressure and then increase it step by step.

I think that the first trade doesnt matter,
all successfull traders don’t let their emotions
to control the game.

When we are trading we must know that many times it is our trading emotions that can get us into certain unwanted situations and the best approach for us would be to get out of them as soon as possible.

And we should be firm in our trading based decisions so that our profits do not get affected :slight_smile:

Yes emotions play an important role in trading specially they are much involved in real trading on demo we not feel deep as we feel in real trading . Our first trade psychology is very exited and hopeful if we get profit it is fine and good. Loss make us bad in thinking. I must say first impression should be goos so trade with low risk so that you win low profit not loose much it will make you motivated.

Well, the first trade is just the beginning, the first steps. Why should you judge your future trading sucess/failure according to the way you enter the trading world? The beginning is just the learning stage. If you lose, you still need a lot of experience. If you win, you were probably lucky. It doesn’t matter, I think.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.