How to write trade journal/diary?

Hi folks,

When I started trading, I never wrote about trades in trading journal and even did not know that people have been doing it. Then, some people just recommended me to do it.
I’d like to ask you to share with your trade journal template.
Mine was consisted of the following columns:
[B]Date[/B]/ [B]Account balance at the opening of the day[/B]/ [B]Number of trades [/B]/ [B]P\L[/B]/ [B]Change in balance %[/B]/ [B]Account balance at the end of the day[/B]/

Thank you all in advance!

Hi there, is there a way to attach a file here?
I have a trade tracker spreadsheet that keeps track of stats and equity curve etc that you can have.

Hi i dont think there is a way to attach file in reply. You can send it to me by email if you can. mine is <[email protected]>
You can also get caption photo of the file and insert it here as a picture. You can share the file on google docs, as well.
I appreciate your help.

Million thanks in advance!

Ha i found how to attach file, see pics below

Hmm it wont let me - keep getting an excel error. Ill email it to you now. Can you post it to this forum if its what you have been looking for. its fairly advanced so should help a lot of traders, I just cant get attachments working.

yeah it would be better if you could share it on this forum, i ve been looking for the same too…

Why not to use Myfxbook? Easy integrated, comprehensive fully automatical tool for keeping records of your trades…

Thanks for the tips!

There are some softwares online that most traders use to create their trading journal; but the journal should basically be a spreadsheet where you keep records of your daily trades, both profits and losses to help you monitor the progress of your trading account.

Is the trade journal something different from just reports about your trades? What it should include?

It is good to use software for traders to make trading journal because it can be helpful to create several things automatically than doing all of them manually. But still, traders need to do manual things especially notes for consideration in each decision before entering the market, open position and close position so you can maximize profit and minimize loss as overall.

If there are software certainly that will avoid all the manual maintenance hassle. Because there are all chances that we may get lost while maintaining the excel tracker.

In excel it’s best to have a trading journal. The main thing is to understand what you want, what statistics you want to see, what graphs you want to make. Excel is a very comfortable instrument. There are online versions.