Nervous when making a trade

I think that it is good stage sir…
It means that you are detail and full of calculation before making option…

As Kenny Rogers says, you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run. Wise words, and very applicable to the forex world. Knowing what to do and when to do it will come with experience. You have to give yourself time to develop a feel for how certain pairs react. Time will also make you a more patient and disciplined trader.

Above all else, don’t trade real money until you can trade like Kenny could gamble. A demo account is your best friend. When you’ve doubled your demo account three times over, you’re ready for real money.

Also, check out this thread (if you haven’t already): 301 Moved Permanently

Lots of good stuff there to help improve your trading and get those stop losses under control.

Some times I experience this emotion in my trading activity. I experience it when I will open my position. I do not understand, because I have made a good analysis and it seems to lose in this position? Clearly, nervous in trading forex should be avoided.

If you feel cool while entering or gwetting out, it means you are doing something wrong.

Every forex trader is certainly ever been a new trader. A new trader in my experience is nervous to open - when they watch the screen of the moving price. Trading by nervous make the new trader lose even their money. Try to avoid the nervous condition if you are trading.

1 Like

2 things:

1. Embrace losses. They are part of a trader’s game. If you can’t accept losses, you can’t trade.
  2. Do trend following trading. Once a day, 5 to 20 min, that’s all you need. More peaceful trading.

Think I’m pulling a fast one? Come visit me at fjion.com or read David Harding, Bill Dunn, Ed Seykota, Richard Dennis, Larry Hite, etc.

I als felt like this from my previous experience in my past trade . I am not just nervous when want to open a trade , but i am so nervous when my position still open moreover when i am not set up stop loss while the trend move to opposite with my entry position .

I just set up stop loss every trade and think something like that ‘it is a destiny.’

Good attitude! A lot of traders seems unable to accept losses and it just eats away at them.
The more mechanical you can make your trading, the less mental involvement. (By mechanical I dont mean using EA’s/Robots, I mean having a set of rules that you adhere to regardless) :slight_smile:

No one can guarantee to gain 100% profit in trading so it’s normally happening when traders didn’t sure about his analysis but we shouldn’t nervous with our decision because good traders won’t lose more than they couldn’t afford to take. The maximum loss has been managed in the money management so loss could happen but it shouldn’t make us down. If there is good money management then our profit could recover the loss so it’s no need to be afraid with loss in trading.

yes 100% profit is not possible it happens once in a blue man when we get as much we require from market. we can minimize loss not stop it. I remain very nervous in start when it is loss for me . gradually I develop courage to bear it.

Yes, it is very important for a trader to be able to control himself and not be impulsive. This can only be learned over time. The main thing is to wish it.

That was right. Emotion control is important thing in this business and traders can’t control emotion well if they didn’t spend time to learn it. In my experience, the most effective way to learn in forex is learning by doing so if traders want to be able control emotion well so they should spend more time to train it. And you can control emotion easier if there is proper trading plan to follow and you’re confident with it so you can trade as the planning without too much worry.

I never ever had a trade when I was not nervous at least a little.

The most common psychology behind the nervousness is that one has not made the proper analysis and there is no backing of the trade with strong justification because of which the traders are nervous to lose their hard earned money.

As a trader i know that if my Analysis is not correct i will loose my Money :slight_smile:

And this is also a reason why i am nervous in some of my Trades :slight_smile:

Good day to you. It is naturally that you worry, but try to put the control over your situation. Imagine the sum of money in your wallet that you can just throw away forever and lead trade on this money 9of cours if you broker’s conditions allow mini accounts). This bein nervous should pass after you see stable profit. All in all, you’ll also see that fx is not so terrible as seems to you now:) Good luck!

Nowadays I really don’t bother if I am nervous or I am cool while operating. The reason for It is simple: I know I can make money in long term so the actual trade becomes irrelevant.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No one who can make sure will gain profit in certain transaction no matter how good analysis is. Maybe some expert traders could make analysis which is almost 100% same with market’s movement but they can’t do it all the time. Also, all expert traders will prepare good money management and risk management to limit loss when there is unpredictable movement in the market. So, it’s no need to be nervous in trading if you have proper trading plan to follow because profit or loss in the transaction, it is still under control.