Nervous when making a trade

That’s true, for me at least. I’ve been trading for years but the nervousness hasn’t gone away. I have learned, however, not to let my nerves get the better of me. Well, I have mostly learned.

So, what do you do to help yourself to cope with such situations?

First you might find if you are usually get nervous in different situations as well. Some people is just like that, finding hard to control their emotions and cope with it. And also unable to be under pressure. Are you like that?

I’ve read somewhere that if you are unable to sleep, go for a walk or read a book while you have an open position, you should simply decrase your lot size.:slight_smile:

Oh no, of course I don’t like it either. I personally get away from my computer when situation is going not it a way I expected. I try to get calm again, analyze why did I open that “wrong” order. So, I thought that maybe other traders have some tips.
I am a newbie yet (just a pair of month of live trading) and try my best to make it. So, I’ll be grateful for every piece of advice. :slight_smile:

Decrease a lot size? And why not to close this order at all?

I also have problem with my emotions. Is the problem is something, that all traders face with?
Or there are some sort of people, who are able to be calm all the time? Is it possible to learn how not to take everything to heart?

You’re nervous because you are inexperienced but dont worry after a couple of hundred trades it will disappear. Just dont waste your trading capital by then :wink:

It’s absolutely natural to get nervous when you deal with something risky and unpredictable like Forex market. Everything comes with experience, and eventually you will feel much more confident and learn to keep your nerves under control. One day you will enter the market with the feeling of excitement and pleasure instead of anxiety; have no doubts!

It is natural we feel nervousness while doing trading specially when open position we had many things in mind as we feel fear of loss, not sure we are entering in market at right time or not. Then we are puzzle our risk taking will give us return or it will become a dangerous decision.

Of course I get nervous like most people, but I try to make trading decisions in a way so that emotions would minimally influence them.

Being nervous is not knowing what you are doing on a trade, this practically involves entering an open position unprepared. When you have a good trading system with a well placed stop loss, you shouldn’t be nervous when on an open trade.

I’m nervous even when I know what I am doing. It’s in my nature, unfortunately, and self-doubt is a powerful emotion.

It is natural when feel nervous. It shows we are concerned about market will remain active what will happen to our trading. I think some nervousness is necessary to avoid over confidence but much tension can effect on your trading badly.

It has been three years since the original post. Do you still feel nervous? Has the experience you’ve accumulated over these years helped with your nervousness?

Are you nervous around Girls, too? I have no idea why I’ve ask this, either?

1 Like

To be nervous not means bad all the time. This emotion can be positive when you deal with it normally. You will be remain in limits while trading it will save from unplanned and high risk trading . Being feared means you are conscious to do trading which will involve management .

To be honest, I’ve never associated nervousness with any positive outcome. It has always clouded my judgement.

I would suggest you to listen to the calm music while trading, it would surely help you to calm down your nerves. I do it everytime and even if I suffer loss, I became calm with the music which I keep on hearing.

May I know your experience on demo?! Maybe you didn’t practice enough in your demo account! Besides, what’s the success ratio of your trading strategy, if it produces you enough success ratio, no need to hesitate before opening a new trade!