How and what amount for the new traders

Can anyone tell me how can i start forex trade as i am new person in forex trade.I also want to know how much should i use at first in trading?

Hi Jahirul25,

Welcome to the world of forex!!

How can I strart? Well start with taking some lessons on the School of Babypips. I can recommended to you. It has several levels to start with depending on your knowledge.

What amount? I would advice you to start on demo or if you do not like to “swimm on dry ground” then you can start trading with a very small amount with a broker like Oanda. There the smallest position is one unit. But make sure you understand before you start the principles of risk management, money management and position sizing.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

1 Like

[QUOTE=“jahirul25;652524”]Can anyone tell me how can i start forex trade as i am new person in forex trade.I also want to know how much should i use at first in trading?[/QUOTE]

$100-$1000
Depending on how much you can afford to risk
I would suggest $150 is a good amount

Over-Educate yourself first.
The more you know- the less you risk losing.

If you’re serious about trading, you need to act/think like a professional trader would- not like a gambler.
Trading is not gambling.

Thank you for your tips .I think first of all i need some training and demo trade experiences so that i can gain some skill.for that reason school of babypips would be a great place.

The first thing you need is an adequate training on forex market, a good place to get that is either the school of pipsology or investidipea. Get a demo account from a broker of your choice (I prefer Profiforex mt4 when trading). Download the mt4 and practice for at least one month or more (The duration depends on your ability to learn fast).
Your next step would be to open a live account and make a small deposit ($20 to $500 is not a bad idea for a test). A micro account is preferred because you will be able to trade in cents and smaller lot sizes (Risk free trading). If you want to reduce your risk further, you can take advantage of brokers that offer bonuses. Use this bonus to your advantage. Although many new traders have failed from the start, you can achieve success if you are diligent. Study, practice and trade well.

I would aim for 3-6% monthly growth on your account it’s easily achievable.

Take caution on “coughs’ comments”- nothing is “easy” about trading.
It’s incredibly challenging. The worst thing you can do is let your ego get in the way, and think that you’ve figured it out. The market is quick and harsh to remind, and incredibly unforgiving.

Just because someone else is finding success associated to a certain ROI each month, does not mean that you should use that as a measure of your own performance. Measure yourself against the you of yesterday / last week / last month / last year. Focus on the process, not the results and you will be rewarded in the end.

You had better not start trading with a large sum. Because usually newcomers always have losses, so to gain experience and knowledge it is necessary to start trading with a minimum deposit

Hello and welcome to Forex world!

As you are a new person;

• finish baby pips
  • try to trade on demo account
    After that, when you feel yourself ready, start real account and deposit 100 - 1000$

Good luck!

Put in the money only which you can afford to lose, because at the initial stages of trading career there are all chances of losing your hard earned money. Gather the skills and then refine or fine tune until you excel.

That’s right. It’s important for traders to risk which you can afford to lose in every transaction although there is chance to gain big profits. Usually, beginner traders want to gain big amount of profits in short time without knowing the risk too. It is bad idea to do that, good traders must risk not more than 10% of equity in each transaction. I suggested to risk only 1-5% in every transaction.

Why, then, do you think so many professionals regularly fail to achieve it?

In [I][U]trading[/U][/I], I would think something like $500 (maybe $1,000, if you can afford it), is a good starting-point.

As helpfully commented on above, if you go somewhere you like Oanda, you can get infinite flexibility of position-sizing, so the amount itself doesn’t really matter much: you can scale down any position-sizing method to any size you want, to get started.

But that’s [I][U]trading[/U][/I] - not “learning to trade”, which you can - and perhaps should - do on demo accounts without risking a penny.

I used demo accounts for 4 years, before opening a real one (I was under-age, when I first started learning forex-trading), and that stood me in very good stead. The education-process comes before the actual trading. :wink:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hello all.

What amount to start with?

A simple answer would be: Whatever your stomach can take in case things go wrong. Nothing beats the bliss of trading with a calm mind. Another simple answer is: 10% of your monthly savings.

A complex answer would be: perform a suitable asset allocation in line with your risk profile.
example: 50% real estate, 25% fixed income securities, 24% stocks, and 1% leveraged products (1:100)

A good answer indeed. One need to answer only the money which they can afford to risk. And when the money lost in the forex market should not change the forex traders lifestyle drastically.

Here is an option: Set aside one week’s pay in a new checking account that you will use only for trading. Transfer half of that from the new checking account to a forex dealer account. Then try to lose less than half of what is in the dealer account after trading for 12 months. After that first year, evaluate and go from there.

-Adrian

1 or 2 million pips is a good start amount after demo success.

It is not like that it will actually depend on the Trading confidence that we have and how much knowledge we have acquired about trading in the Demo accounts :slight_smile:

I’d say a 1000$ would be a solid first investment.
It’s painful enough to lose it, but, at the same time, not essentially critical.
So, it will surely make you take it serious, but with not so huge pressure feeling.
Just the right balance, I think.