Demo = win , live = loss

Glad to hear this! Keep it up!

I think the problem is not demo account or real account but how do you trade with real account or demo account itself. If you can follow the rule as you trade in demo account into real account well then you don’t need to worry too much when you’re trading with real account because the loss has been limited in your trading plan. Maybe the problem is your system in demo account, it’s possible if the system is not quite good so it doesn’t limit the loss condition or maybe you don’t follow the system well.

Problem is not with demo or real account actually difference is between capital our dealing and way of trading. In demo we earn a lot feel relax during trading due to high capital we not feel any difficulty in loss recovery . Live trading is done with low investment we want same results from it so loss is more in live trading.

Yes i will agree with the fact as when we are doing our trades in the Demo accounts we usually have a large amount of Funds at our disposal.

But when in the Real trading we have shortage of trading funds and the use of the Higher trading leverage makes things unrealistic for us :slight_smile:

…This also depends upon broker. I knew some ones whose demo and live accs, let’s say, behaved differently. That’s very suspicious. Please take to consideration the fact that live and demo are two great differences in emotional aspects. It is much more complicated to assess the situation soberly and clearly when you trade on live. You are more worried about funds and you can’t be that calm about negative market movement as on demo.

A Trader has to decide what is the correct Trading Leverage and only then he will come to know if he is using them to his own advantages.

Because most of the times traders make a loss due to the usage of Incorrect Leverages :slight_smile:

This is because of the emotional involvement or the attachment that you have developed with your real money which is absent in the virtual money. Thus, you are technical and logically trading in demo account whereas in the real account you are bound by the thoughts of making money and may be giving least importance to trading aspects.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

That’s right. It’s easier to trade in demo account because there is no risk at all when you’re trading in demo account. You don’t lose anything when you made mistake although your account has been reduced but it is not real money so it’s not affected in our emotion directly but it will be different when you’re trading in real account. it will give impact to your emotion and it is possible for you to take revenge after one loss and it can cause another loss.

Demo isn’t trading, folks.
Demo is nothing else than playing.

I don’t think so. It’s better for you to trade in demo account for training account so you will know how to implement your strategy which you’ve learned from reading some sources than you tried to collect information how to trade well without trying to implement it. At least, you still tried to trade although it doesn’t use real money. But every person has his own view about it, some people are too confident with entering into real account directly.

In my view, almost all newbies will make mistake in their first trading so you will reduce unnecessary losses when you have done trading with demo account than you trade with real account directly. But it’s only my view from experiences.

1 Like

I think demo is a good for the start, but in a live account are really big emotions.

There is emotion matter in real account, you’re right about it, but trading in live account is not always big emotion if you’re ready to trade with real money. It is right that demo account is good starting point to get more experience about how to trade well in many different condition of market and preparation in good money management to trade well. But it’s training in your discipline when you’re trading with real account so it’s not surprising me when there are many traders who can’t trade well in real account while they could gain good result in demo account.

So what you guys are saying is if i practice in demo first then there’s a chance I get over confident and risk more money than if i go to real account immediately and just make small trades?
Is the difference really just in attitude?

It’s depending on your view after you did practice in demo account because it’s possible that you knew the risk in trading after you did a lot of practices and then you can be wiser to trade in any condition of market so you won’t risk more than you could afford to take. Trading in demo account as practice is good but don’t trade with demo account only for long time, you need to learn about psychology control with trading in real account too. So, demo account is only starting point for you to prepare your trading plan.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Whoa mods. How did this guy pop back up.

Bro, you weren’t welcome before, your not welcome now

This crook shouldn’t be welcome anywhere online, and especially not where noob traders might not have heard of him!

That means, you didn’t work with psychological analysis! Yes, only technical and fundamental analysis isn’t enough here! You have to the capacity to check your emotions and greed, follow proper risk and money management rules! When you have these skills, only then you’ll get the same result otherwise not!

For me the thing was to start slow. Even tho I deposited 10k, I started trading with only 0,1 lots. After I had made a bit of profit I upped it to 0,2 and then to 0,4 and so on. It helped psychologically a lot that I wasn’t riskin any of my initial deposit, but just the “winnings”.