Time period to double money!

What is the normal time period one can expect to double the capital , if one’s strategy is good ??

Reality bro, every 4 to 5 years. Now I’ve been trading for 4 years now and I’ve only recovered my losses recently. Maybe in a year or two I’ll make a 50% return. Maybe in 10 I’ll be able to double it in a year.

With that said, if you can’t make 20% a year then give your money to the pro’s. But if your prepared to invest your time and money the markets will reward your effort. Best of luck my friend.

Bob

In most new businesses you would produce a business plan detailing your targets and how you intend hitting them. I did this years ago, basically setting out an expectation to lose money in year 1, move towards break even during year 2, and move into profit (not doubling my investment) in year 3.
Why do people expect forex to be different?
As with other businesses, you have to be prepared for the likelihood that you will probably never make a profit and will move on to something else.
Dont put pressure on yourself with unrealistic expectations.
Good luck

There is no normal. It depends on your systems expectancy and how much risk you are willing to take.

you can quantify your opinion???

Only you can do that.
Only you know how much risk you are prepared to take.

@eddieb, I am asking your opinion to quantify on the subject. another person,@Bobbillbrowne has expressed his honest opinion and quantified with some of his thoughts.

Bro, eddieb is spot on the money. Speculating is by definition the most subjective and selfish act one can preform. The needs, goals, risk yadda yadda is unique to each individual. Focusing on the returns is almost a guarantee to blow up your account. Focusing on what others do will do the same. During your first years you have to accept that this is a labor of love for those of us that have not the time or resources. Reality is most walk away because they can not commit to the time it takes to learn the full process. I’ll give you a figure. 10000+ hrs. If you can break even after 4 years your doing pretty damn good. Just focus on and enjoy the process. The rewards will follow. Start small, dream big. Think decades not years.

I think there is no fixed rule about the best time to double money for capital in trading, it’s back to each trader’s confidence to use bigger capital or not for now on. The easiest measurement to do that is your performance in trading, if you are capable to realize consistent profit then it’s safer for you to increase your capital for trading (not always double your money) in order to gain more profits with proper money management for sure.

For the first 5-6 years do not expect to do any returns because of the battle between the market and the mind. And at later stages may be if you are capable enough doubling or even tripling the money but the time duration is totally subjective.

Get a plan, follow the plan. There should never be a term of over trading. You follow and react, simple as that. If your looking for .05% gain a month, then it will take a long time. Im not going to get all into my trading thoughts, mostly everyone here know my stance on that, but trading with a Money management plan is perimont to any business and any trading plan. Learn to manage losses, and take your signal as oftain as you can.

Its possible to double your money every other day. or it can take 5 years like said.

Trade the biggest size your broker will allow you too. Dont measure risk by lack of preparation for each trade you make. If your going to trade, then trade with a vengeance every single time.

Chip away, like cutting down a big tree, calculated chunk by calculated chunk. You wont double the account day making 3 trades a week, unless your trading GBPNZD, but the pair is to dangerous with market maker brokers.

So, i suggest you find a pair that you can chip, chip, chip, and stick and move, taking small profits off the table often.

Take for example, EURGBP… I Love this pair. Max units per trade, you need 8 pips to scrap 5%…

But a nice run of taking 3 pips on each signal, consistently, and paced you should be around 35% on every 22 trades or so.

You have to be right tho in your assumptions as often as you can, As with any trading style, the losses is what sets you back.

Good luck,

[QUOTE=“MoneyNVRSleeps;735081”]Get a plan, follow the plan. There should never be a term of over trading. You follow and react, simple as that. If your looking for .05% gain a month, then it will take a long time. Im not going to get all into my trading thoughts, mostly everyone here know my stance on that, but trading with a Money management plan is perimont to any business and any trading plan. Learn to manage losses, and take your signal as oftain as you can. Its possible to double your money every other day. or it can take 5 years like said. Trade the biggest size your broker will allow you too. Dont measure risk by lack of preparation for each trade you make. If your going to trade, then trade with a vengeance every single time. Chip away, like cutting down a big tree, calculated chunk by calculated chunk. You wont double the account day making 3 trades a week, unless your trading GBPNZD, but the pair is to dangerous with market maker brokers. So, i suggest you find a pair that you can chip, chip, chip, and stick and move, taking small profits off the table often. Take for example, EURGBP… I Love this pair. Max units per trade, you need 8 pips to scrap 5%… But a nice run of taking 3 pips on each signal, consistently, and paced you should be around 35% on every 22 trades or so. You have to be right tho in your assumptions as often as you can, As with any trading style, the losses is what sets you back. Good luck,[/QUOTE]

I hope no one takes this advice.

and 96% that read that, will agree with you.

[QUOTE=“MoneyNVRSleeps;735111”] and 96% that read that, will agree with you.[/QUOTE]

That’s why only 1% us are making it.

Im just simply stating the way to double the account. And thats the only way in the shortest amount of time. All in, and be right, take profits in chunks. The bulk amount of time is learning yourself. If you find yourself slapping your hand like getting caught in the cookie jar, your going to have a hard time adapting to reach the ultimate goal, which is doubling your money.

Heck, Im still wrong sometimes, but my goal is to double my money, then again and again. When I got into Forex, my goal was to double my money, nothing more then that. Its still my goal.

How has that worked out for me? Not so great, lol…

But with practice and consistent work, I’ll accomplish it.

One can say, there are levels you have to break thru in the chase. And I think it is true, but I also think you there are levels that need to be visited again, but entertained in a different point of view then the first time around.

I wont say I fail, Its more like a broken rung on a ladder. But have to replace the rung, while on the ladder that makes it difficult and time consuming. You cant just step over it, it needs fixed or the integrity of the ladder can be compromised at any given time with each step over the broken rung.

Im almost dialed in.

I think no one can tell you the time to double your amount. May be you get it in some trades or wait for years. It is all about your trading skill . When you are good in trading , able to handle big risk you can take bold decisions for high profits.

One once told me, if you can’t double your account every 30 trades… you have no business being a trader.

As I said , I was told that once, I am not saying I believe it. But some simple straightforward math will tell you where you’re at and what your doing.

There are actually two parts to the question - time to double, qualified with a ‘good’ strategy.

Example: use 10 trades as an example, then multiply by 10 - to get a 100 trade example.

10 trades 8 losses and 2 wins where average loss is 40 pips an average win is 220 pips - what do you have?
do those 10 trades happen in a day. a week. a month?

Will you have doubled your account in 30 trades?

Now qualify the thoughts with "if one’s strategy is good ??"
everyone likely has a different answer, but I would lean towards a good strategy is one that has a low drawdown - just because I don’t want to see my money going going gone. So is winning 2 of 10 trades a good strategy? IT DEPENDS!

It depends on your Forex trading platform, strategies, skills and how much risk you are willing to take.

I think no one can tell you exact time period to double your amount. It may be years to get this target or some months. All is up to your invested amount and experience of trading. Less amount is easy to double than you double a high investment.

Interesting topic name, I’d say it’s even intriguing, but I think choosing the time when you trade isn’t as important in this case.