Just placed my first trade!

I went long on the USD/CHF last night and came out positive! I’m trading .01 lots right now but the feel of using my own money is soooo different from the demo accounts. For me, this is the best way to learn good trading techniques. I’m following my strategy better and taking less risk. I put more thought into each trade which I hope will make me a better trader.

Congratulations! I lost my first 3 live trades…

It’s definitely a different feel being live than on demo. Keep sticking to your strategy and you’ll do just fine. Good luck growing your account.

Congratulations on your win! It’s true that trading psychology really changes when you switch from demo to live, but as long as you stick to your plan and practice proper risk management I think you’ll be fine. Best of luck to you and keep it up!

Good luck, and welcome to the world of trading!

I’ve followed this thread and would love to hear about you future steps and progress. I am still halfway through the School, and using a demo account.

Out of curiosity what account size did you start off with?

Good luck!!

Thanks, I started with a $500 account and I’m still trading .01 lots. Currently sitting at $510.64. I’m going to continue using .01 lots until I gain about $50 on my principal.

You have started your Forex journey, you’ve got an exciting road ahead of you.

All the best for you on your first trade. It is very much important to keep in mind that we should make sure that we are skilled enough to handle the trading account such that making good gains becomes possible for all the traders. Skill and account management is the only go to succeed in this highly risky forex trading business.

My Congratulations! Keep going!
One question, what expert advisers do you use?