Staying Occupied?

Ok I really dont have a problem with my system or my psychology. I have a great system and I think my emotions are controlled…Im just curious about how others may deal with downtime when they are not in the market and no signals are forming. Im having a great month in returns and wins. Im just out of the market for long periods of time, I may have one signal a week or maybe none at all.

You really need to be happy for yourself that you have already gained control over your trading activities and only trade the strong signal. If you are making good gains then there is no need to worry of not having traded in the market because this is how the biggies trade and make money and i see that you are already on that path !!! all the best.

Yeah, that’s the greatest zone for you to stay in this business (some traders craving this zone too). Just keep it stable and you’re safe…

Does your system work on a lower TF? Say you trade the daily chart, 4hr could give more signals.

I have the opposite problem, I miss a lot of set-ups as you’ve got to live too. Throw family, work, hobbies etc in to the mix & in my book, it’s a wonder what down-time actually is. 10-minutes to myself would be amazing!

However if you’re profitable, why fix something that isn’t broke? Without knowing more, my suggestions may seem silly but I put the charts on my iPad & just leave it open. Play some Xbox, the charts are there between games. Take the kids to soft-play, there’s free wifi to check it on my phone. I load up a chart on a PC at work & just leave it running.

YEah Im very happy none the less…but just curious what others do. As of now, I just try to stay busy with reading atleast 1 forex book a month and just every day life routines and try to be active in these forums. I think eventually Im a start a blog/website to keep me occupied. Thanks for the replys .

Good activity, though. Just don’t stop learning and you will get a better income in the future.

I don’t really have a problem with staying occupied when I’m not trading, I have plenty of work to do, as well as a few hobbies and a dog.

The correct way of answering is: have patience.

But you already know that. Perhaps it is an idea to see if you can adopt another pair or see if your strategy is working on lower timeframes as well. Or learn hoe to progam an EA so that you can focus on developing new strategies.

Everything to just keep you away from babysitting your trade. Boredom is also a big part of a trader’s life.

If our trading strategy is successful then we will have such an opportunity that we will get income from our trading. But also we need to know that sometimes the same strategy will not give us any income at all.

You actually have a pretty great strategy if you’re waiting for one signal per week or so. Finding something to occupy yourself with during your free time shouldn’t be too hard. Find some kind of hobby that fits your interests, or use the time to educate yourself further or just to entertain yourself, whatever makes you happy and relaxed.

We can use a trading signal that is both reliable and is easy for us to do our trades with. We should also understand the need of using a reliable trading signal…

I absolutely agree, but in order to differentiate between a reliable trading signal and a bad signal we need a clear head and a calm mind, hence the need to keep ourselves occupied during the times we are not trading.

There are many types of trading signals and the ones upon which we can reply and trust are only few and this is why we should wait for some time before trading…