Overcoming fear - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Overcoming fear

Start out by understanding what you’re afraid of. Gaining a better understanding of your fears will help you establish a trading plan that best suits your goals with your level of risk tolerance.

Most traders share the same fear - the fear of losing money, I think. I don't think that's hard to identify. However, I do agree that a properly made trading plan can allay at least some of that fear.

Fear is with every trader . Most of the times I loose money due to fear because I had no good analysis and close positions at loss again and again. Then I decide to take some risk with good analysis , choose small lot in trading set SL and wait for profit . This thing helped me to overcome fear.

If your analysis was flawed wouldn't the reason for the loss be the analysis, and not the fear?

Quote Originally Posted by mlawson71 View Post
    If your analysis was flawed wouldn't the reason for the loss be the analysis, and not the fear?
    Hm that actually sounds logical. But still you cannot always be 100% sure of your analysis and maybe then a certain amount of fear occurs as a natural reaction.

The fear occurs, I think, because of people's anxiety caused by the unknown. It's a primal reaction that is perfectly natural - yes, you've made an analysis, yes, it could even be a good analysis, but you're still not sure whether you're right. And that causes fear. Or at least it does in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by mlawson71 View Post
    The fear occurs, I think, because of people's anxiety caused by the unknown. It's a primal reaction that is perfectly natural - yes, you've made an analysis, yes, it could even be a good analysis, but you're still not sure whether you're right. And that causes fear. Or at least it does in my case.
    I experienced this kinda fear too. Sometimes I don’t feel that confident about my own strategy and then panic while trading. This fear of losing makes me even more nervous and I end up blowing my trade. i agree that Practice and discipline is needed to overcome this fear.

hi guys, I just finished reading a book "Trading in the Zone"...although there were "boring" parts in it, I found it quite useful still perhaps you guys can find it so
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by allan.forex1 View Post
    I experienced this kinda fear too. Sometimes I don’t feel that confident about my own strategy and then panic while trading. This fear of losing makes me even more nervous and I end up blowing my trade. i agree that Practice and discipline is needed to overcome this fear.

Quote Originally Posted by fxpirana View Post
    hi guys, I just finished reading a book "Trading in the Zone"...although there were "boring" parts in it, I found it quite useful still perhaps you guys can find it so
    good luck
    Thanks mate! Yaa “trading in the zone” is one of the best books on trading. Must reads to know the emotional aspects of trading.

Quote Originally Posted by allan.forex1 View Post
    We all experience that fear, unfortunately. It's simply part of our human nature and it's really difficult to overcome.

Forum Sponsors