Be aware of confident traders/teachers out there

Hello traders,

This goes for you and then content/advise you see or hear from other traders. Just because they are very confident in their method or trading in general, doesn’t mean that their knowledge is worth paying attention to.

Say hello to Mr. Dunning & Kruger

So if you feel confident in your trading, but your bottom-line tells otherwise after a long period of time, you might need to re-examine your expertise.

What do you think?

I prefer not to think, makes me dumber. Kinda like reading this post.

1 Like

How so? if I may ask?

Well, what did I learn, mmm, nothing! So I am now dumber for reading it.

What do you want from this? Confirmation and a pat on the back from like minded people. Maybe you’re looking to spark debate on the subject.

Me, thinks a sales pitch is coming soon…

Thats all bro, happy trading.

And seriously bro, Wikipedia…

Too hard to cite work from google scholar maybe…

Bobbillbrowne you are obviously a great person, and as such a fine trader as yourself, know that you need to stay open minded to progress and keep developing your fine personality you already persist. But you already know that right?

I do think that new traders might need to have a look at themselves and others, and maybe ask or be more critical in their approach of learning and teaching. But I guess I was wrong, you are such a seasoned trader and know what new traders need and there is only one way to succeed in this field.

Thank you so much for your constructive criticism and sharing your great knowledge.

I wish you all the best Bobbillbrowne

stop, wait guys, i need to make popcorn

ok im back

happily eating his popcorn

Correct, you are wrong. Never claimed to be something I ain’t bro.

I do have a habit of getting under peoples skins. I do get a small chuckle out of doing so. But generally have found only those that are here for the wrong reasons get offended.

Well we really can’t have a great discussion without disagreeing, can we? :slight_smile:

So why are you here? And perhaps you can tell me (or us) what would be the right reasons to be in this forum. According to you?

You are really fast making those popcorns, microwaved?

Bro, you know the gurus who come and go. They’re here for the wrong reasons. Babypips is a soft target for these people just like the ones you are “trying” to warn us about as part of this thread. Marketers trying to profit cause they know it is easier than speculating. But my opinion does not matter. This is one of those eureka moments we all must have, in speculating our opinion matters not. Everybody elses matters even less.

I’m here to learn bro and share my journey. Unfortunately, there are very few here that can teach me anything (what do you know about binary rule based approximation, contact me if you have knowledge on this subject) and I wouldn’t want anyone to do what I do. Speculating is, after all, a solo journey. But you listen to the right people (those who like popcorn) you come across diamonds in the mud.

I think cognitive biases such as the dunning kruger efftect is very relevant for new starters. Mainly because having the ability of knowing what you do not know, is extremely important in order not to hurt yourself too much, but also not hurting others in the beginning. Such as falling to the trap of the gamblers fallacy etc. you name it.
Perhaps reading articles (or wiki pages) that doesn’t tell what is wrong or right, but gives you an objective piece of material that might be useful in the future. You disagree and that’s all OK.
I think we are spending way too much valuable time (both of us) to get anything constructive out of this conversation. I was posting a thread about cognitive biases, and now we are both ranting about why we are in the forum, which is pointless.

Be well and good luck to you.

this is all you need grabowski.

who is still around after 2 years of trading has sucessfully finished the “natural selection” process. trading is not everybodies “thing” and those “wanna be gurus” are just a natural mechanism to take advantage of those people who are not “fit” for trading.

wherever there is money there is always somebody wanting to take it off from you and especially in financial industry the methodes of “how to take the money” are developed extremely well.

those “gurus” making money on new people have kids aswell, wifes and bills to pay. so let them earn their brad and butter :wink: