Any traders from New Zealand here?

Gday Ppl,

I was just wondering if there were any traders from new zealand here?..would be great if we kiwis could start our own trading group of some sort!! :smiley:

cheers

Gagan

Don’t get to excited now, I’m not from NZ. I’m just wondering what kind of session you trade, since that’s about the worst time zone one could be in. Or do you trade daily, weekly, monthly?

Greetz and success finding NZ-traders,

PriesT

Well…i mainly do intra-day trading…the time zone is not as bad as many think…European session starts at 7pm NZ time and new york at around midnight…even thou i do have a day job…i manage to fit trading in my schedule :slight_smile:

Hey, hows it going?

I’m a kiwi and I know there are more of us out there on babypips.

Trading in NZ time is perfect for full-time work, and then intra-trade the european open :slight_smile: The daily candle (On OANDA) is 4pm NZ time too :slight_smile: Trading the US open is too late for me though!

I am more trading the daily candles at the moment as am moving around alot, and am on the practice account as can’t monitor it everday from backpackers :wink: lol

I am still learning so sticking to the EUR:USD and EUR:JPY. Will get into NZD:USD and maybe AUD:USD when i am more consistent and confident.

see you in the markets this week :slight_smile:

stevefromnaki.

I am a new zealander living in australia. Hope that counts! I think that we are in a great time zone as have freedom to do what we like during the day like go to the beach etc and then trade evenings. I think the european session provides the best opportunities with plenty of pips to be made. I always check the market first thing in the morning, once during the day and then I am sitting in front of it at 4.00pm for the europe open. Perfect!

Cheers. From the US but trading in NZ’s capital. :slight_smile: Trading the london session works great with full time work.

Hiya.-Yes I’m from Wellington. Trading a mini real but wiped out many demos to get myself where I am today. Happy to bounce ideas. I am using a 10Ema+21 Ema + bollinger bands (20/2). price outside 10 is a fast trend indicator and 21 is bull/bear indicator. Works from daily down to 5min. I can make money but need to learn how to stay in using trailing stops. Am shifting to 8 hr instead of 1hr. I’ll report this weeks results. Regards Craigus

I’m from New Zealand, Motueka. Just barely trading. Learning lots.
Discovered BabyPips on the weekend, started the School of Pipsology at the Pre-School level, thats how new I am.
Don’t know much but keen to learn and keen to communicate but I can’t give advise, only take it.

Hi Lyall.Good to hear from you. I spent 2 years getting a handle on this market. You can short circuit that by simply going with a trend and entering at the best probability point in your favour. educating yourself is the best. babypips is fantastic. You tube also is another good tutorial site. From wiping out many demo accounts, I am now getting around 60 pips/week. All the best and hope to help you get to where I am at least. regards Craigus .Wgtn

Hi Craigus and Lyall.

I am travelling a lot, currently in auckland. Any Q’s just post and we can help each other out :slight_smile: I am also using a moving average crossover and a bollinger band combination on a 30min and daily, and i seem to be getting a handle on it. Am only trading EUR:USD and EUR:JPY.

I am 18 months into self-training and still on a practice account, will move ot a real account when i am ready :slight_smile:

steve :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

Count me in. From Auckland.

New to it, but figure learning through sharing has to be the best way to go.

Hi Guys,
We are from Palmerston North in NZ and we have a members group forming here that is a heap of fun. Please send me some emails so I can contact the locals. We have events here that you might really enjoy.:slight_smile:

Hi Arron,

Phoenix here, you asked me to email you on your private email but it bounced. Can you try again to me direct?

<[email protected]>

Hey Guys, please let me know where in NZ you are. I am on
<[email protected]>

we are all near nz :smiley:

We are in Palmy and we are looking to do a traders boot camp here. Please let me know where you are are in NZ

Hi everyone,

Another Kiwi signing in. I’m new to this whole thing, learning to trade on a paper account for the last few weeks and saving $ aside for a mini account in the future. Living in Northland at the moment.

Welcome Maknx

I have found that number of us is growing rapidly. Welcome aboard.

I am in palmy so if you are ever passing through, we own the largest motor lodge in the Manawatu.

I spend a lot of time on this thread. It has proven to be most education and very active

Cheers
Phoenix :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcome. I used to pass through Palmy quite frequently, while I was at Victoria Uni. But haven’t been there for several years now. You could say my suppoort and resistance lie around Kaitaia & the Harbour Bridge at the moment :).

Thanks for the thread link, could prove educational for me as I have been paper-trading the EUR/USD today.

Mak

Cool, I have been trading it and it is, at last starting to behave the way it should.

Speak soon
Phoenix