The Forex Portfolio - How to Gain Consistent Profits by Staying in the Market 24/7

Well, whether your methodology is good, bad or ugly, that was a hell of a post! :o)
I am very interested in what is to come and only time will tell if you are sensei…or just senseless :wink:
Lead on!

Another Guru

He said in his first post he is not a Guru. How about keeping an open mind.

What youve said so far is all good sense,you can certainly talk the talk,lets see if you can walk the walk!!!

GBP. CHF. JPY. USD. EUR. AUD. CAD. NZD.

Those are the eight currencies I monitor in the market. No doubt you are familiar with them and their pairings such as GBPJPY or AUDCAD. In all, I monitor 28 different pairings between these currencies.

It’s time to stop looking at one pair and step back and look at the market as a whole. When you spend all of your time on EURUSD you are missing out on the movements that the other 6 currencies can provide in the market.

And I already know what you’re thinking. You don’t know how you can possibly monitor 28 different pairs, when you already spend so much time on one or two. My earlier post is the reason why. You’re spending too much time on one, and not paying attention to the overall market.

Instead of limiting yourself, you now have an opportunity to be expanding yourself. You’ll be taking in an entire market and paying attention to what each currency pair is doing, and in turn it will actually provide for you a better picture or on the strength or the weakness of an individual currency.

Now I have no way to predict which currency will perform best this week or the next. But I don’t have to have that concern, because I diversify and spread my risk and almost always have a portion of each currency. If one is performing better, I’m generally adding to my position in that currency. And if one is not doing so hot, I generally pull back a bit on that currency.

As a result, I’m able to capture all of the trends. If you ever see a lengthy trend in the markets, I was in it. That’s what I hold out for. Large pip movements. I’m not trying to get 10 or 20 pips. That requires too much work for too much risk and it takes too much time. As Sweet Brown would say, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”

I don’t spend my time sniffing around trying to pick up scraps of pips, all worried if the spread is going to be too big and gobble up my profits. I’m looking for 100’s of pips. An example would be last week I closed out my EURJPY position for 986 pips after holding on to it for 42 days. When was the last time you held a pair that long, or took down that many pips in a single trade? Do you really think I cared how big the spread was at the time I opened that trade, or let alone when I closed it? It’s time to change the way you view your trading.

And I don’t have that time to trade the way you’ve been trading. And neither do you. There are far more things that are more valuable in your life than staring at some charts. Just today I timed myself at the end of the week close. It took me 13 minutes to have a look at the market where I placed two stop losses on two pairs and entered a short limit order on a third. For the sake of those eager to trade, when I haven’t completed explaining my methodology, I will not be revealing which pair that is. Odds are you would place too much risk on that one trade in relation to what it is we will be looking to accomplish in the end.

So now you have all the indicators removed from your chart. Your head is clean of news. And you are staring at 28 different currency pairs wondering what’s to come next.

1 Like

Going to go out on a limb here – I can already hear it being sawed off – and guess: some kind of Relative Strength Analysis methodology among those 8 major currencies involving each of those 28 possible pairings (nah, that would take too long unless you maybe used some kind of automated tool, right)?

Interesting… Which TF charts do u prefer to monitor?

No indicators are used for any analysis at all.

I only monitor and trade off of daily charts.

1 Like

Just a heads up. I have business to attend to in Chicago tomorrow night and I will not return until Tuesday. I doubt I will have much time to add to this thread until then.

Hope he dosent mind me saying but I think he’s spot on here,indicators will bite you in the bum.Thats what Ive found anyway ,no doubt some will dissagree and have been sucsesfull,but ive only seen poeple on forums say that never personally

1 Like

Interesting will follow with caution

Looking forward to this thread developing.

For those who have already posted cynical remarks and inane guesses at the next moves, you have shown your cards.

Unless you have something useful to add, why not just shut up, go away and stop wasting my time having to read it.

Good luck mastergunner.

…thanx

What are typical SL & TP set at?

I can address that answer with the next post. It requires a bit of explaining, though execution is no effort in practice.

Hey now. There’s no reason to build a strong defense that outweighed any suspected offense. Let them have their say.

Ive got a feeling this guys gona teach us some good stuff.

1 Like

Hi MG99, Great thread.

I subscribed to this thread already. So far I enjoyed your posts here. Such a straight forward shooting words. I like that.

And I really enjoyed your posts there in another thread. Man, Just awesome. People need to understand scalpers are not gonna survive from this market. They need to know the Price Action King. I’m not going to rant here.

I hope I can learn something from here.

Happy weekend.

Hey mastergunner!
As a longtime member here I’ve always known you as levelheaded and no funny stuff, so I follow this with interest.

Education can create opportunities. The result of opportunities can be exciting. So sometimes learning something new can be exhilarating with the expectation of a positive result.

While I appreciate the compliment. At this point it’s far too premature to award me with any title. Thus far, I’m two legitimate posts into my methodology and I’ve told everyone to ignore indicators, news, and to start looking at 28 currency pairs.

Arguably, that is madness.

Successful and profitable implementation of the education is the unknown variable at this point. While my results appear impressive, they are also unconfirmed. This is with intention. I don’t want people chasing results. I’d prefer them to be skeptical of them. To question then. I want them to learn, evolve on their own, and engage in an open ended methodology that can produce for them consistent and profitable results.

So I tell you what, you can call me King when you bought your first luxury car with profits from Forex. Till then, mastergunner99 is sufficient.