Aggressive Swing Trading

The purpose of this thread is to show an Aggressive Swing Trading System using 5 Strategies that can provide large Rates of Return each month. Trading only needs to be done a few times per month using the Daily & 4 Hour Time Frames to achieve significant turnover, while bypassing the dangerous volatility of the Smaller Time Frames.

This is an aggressive version of the previous Swing Trading Strategy that had provided a strong Return in just 7 months…

While this is a good, safe, Long-Term Strategy, I have found that my Methodology can also identify other opportunities each week to provide an even faster rate of growth for anyone who uses it.

In Summary, the 5 Aggressive Strategies are…

1. TRADING STRONG & FAST CONSOLIDATION BREAKOUTS AND TRENDS

2. TRADING SLOW CONSOLIDATION BREAKOUTS AND TRENDS

3. TRADING WITHIN CONSOLIDATIONS USING THE CANDLESTICK SIGNALS OF THE DAILY CHART

4. TRADING WITHIN CONSOLIDATIONS USING THE CANDLESTICK SIGNALS OF THE 4 HOUR CHART

5. TRADING WITHIN CONSOLIDATIONS USING SUPPORT & RESISTANCE

Trades are held for a Pre-Determined Number of Days depending on the Strategy.

Active monitoring of the trade/profits etc. is not done. This ensures that the trader is not tempted to exit trades based on emotions and temporary pullbacks that naturally take place as the trades head towards their targets.

FXCM Charts are used to provide Candlestick Signals as this platform uses the New York Close of the Daily Candle - crucial to this and other Candlestick/Price Action Strategies.

Targeting 100 to 200 Pips was found to be the optimal range. Aiming for less than 100 Pips tended to expose our capital to volatile market conditions while capturing more than 200 Pips was deemed risky and outside the scope of this short-term strategy.

Assuming a Risk Per Trade of 5% and Leverage of 100:1, this is what is possible just 3 Months.

By only trading a few times per month and targeting trades with a High Probability of Success, it is possible to earn a significant return in a very short period of time - once the Rules and Guidelines are followed.

Duane
DRFXSWINGTRADING

GBP USD TRADE

The GBP USD trade attempted to take advantage of a Bearish Breakout on the Daily Chart.

Entry took place using the 4 Hour Chart with a target set for 200 Pips.

Despite the overall strength of the Setup and Signals on both charts, the pair rallied unexpectedly, taking out the Stop Loss.

There are 2 possible reasons for this as you will see in this Video.

1. The pair could U-Turn to provide another Signal to resume the breakout

2. It could be forming a Consolidation that will lead to the Breakout Signal

Regardless of the reason, we will either get another opportunity to trade it or simply move on to another pair this week.

Duane
DRFXSWINGTRADING

[B]POSSIBLE TRADE SETUP - GBP JPY[/B]

This looks to be shaping up to be either a Large Bear Crown Setup or a False Breakout Reversal

Either way, as long the Setup and Signal are strong enough, we can take advantage of it.

[B]
Duane
DRFXSWINGTRADING[/B]

I will be following your thread. I too use price action on daily, 8hr, and 4hr charts. Not necessarily with your same strategy though. Am looking forward to seeing what type of setups you take.

Hey pipdawkter, great to have you, yes larger time frames are the “holy grail”

GBP USD 138 PIPS TRADE

Hey all,

Latest trade took place on the GBP USD following that loss.

Daily Chart gave us another signal which was traded in sync with trading Rules & Strategy.

This is the chart setup…

…and the Video Analysis before the trade…

After a few days, market went to the target…

Overall since starting new strategies in November…

(Assuming a Leverage of 100:1, Risk of 10% Per Trade)

If you used a Risk of 5% per Trade for these trades…

KEY TECHNICAL FACTORS

1- Consolidation Breakouts

2- Daily Chart Entry Signals

3- Entry using 4 Hour Chart Setups

4- Breakout Equivalent (Targets for Consol. Breakouts)

5- Patience & Persistence after losses.

10% is pretty hefty. I am using 3% risk. And I prefer better R:R than what you are getting. But you can’t complain with 100% return in a couple months

Nice thread! As a huge fan of the swing trading I will be following with interest.

Thanks guys…yes 10% Risk is high, but I target the ones with the best opportunities that have the highest chance of success. Since most are correct, pays off. But, regardless of how much Risk% you use, will still be profitable.

This is the System that will now track the performance. The conservative version captured 40% in 7 months. This aggressive version expected to surpass that in half the time, targeting 100% in a few weeks/months.

The two trades made reflect the -90 Pip Loss and 138 Pip gain on the GBP USD.

Yesterday´s analysis of the NZD CHF.

Pull back now happening confirms it was right decision not go long based on just the 4H ABC Signal.

Very important to know which time frame is controlling the movements within Consolidations.

Highlights of other pairs analyzed yesterday…

GBP JPY - Large Bear Crown providing Consolidation Breakout Opportunity

AUD USD - Also Breaking out from Consolidation

Next trade may come from one of these 3.

Duane
DRFXTRADING

Thank you for your efforsts and where are you Duane?

Duane,
Thanks for the thread. Having trying day trading on small time frames, I am looking forward to “swing” trading.

Hey all, back with you.

Latest trade gave us a 149 Pip gain on the EURO USD as it headed to Support of Pennant on Daily Chart.

This was the overall setup as seen in this chart and the Video Analysis

Entry took place using the 4 Hour Chart, with the target set to just above the Support of the Daily Pennant.

After a few days, target was hit.

Overall, Return from these Strategies is now 25%

This trade continues to show how we can better results by focusing on the larger time frames. These offer larger movements and more reliable signals to take advantage of these trends.

Stop Losses should be placed at areas that will protect trades against temporary pullbacks before our targets are hit. Support and Resistance and Trend Lines - once strong enough - great places for Stop Losses.

MAIN TECHNICAL HIGHLIGHTS OF TRADE

[B]

• Trading Within Consolidations

• Using Strong Daily Candle Signals

• Using Strong Stop Loss Areas on the 4 Hour Chart

• Waiting Patiently Until Target is Hit

• Strong Gains Possible with Swing Trading[/B]

Regards

Duane
DRFXSWINGTRADING

This EURO bad boy been in a Pennant for quite awhile…Daily Chart…

This explains most of the crazy moves that been happeniing over the last several months, like that on Thursday.

Even though it was set off by the ECB action, these setups often have these erratic moves as they move from Support to Resistance.

I was actually getting ready to trade this bullish, expecting one of 3 possible Signals…

Daily Signal formed after ECB decision was similar to the Candlestick Projected (CF) but muuuuch larger…definitely not tradeable…

Had it been, would have added to the 2 previous trades on this pair…

Sometimes these setups can lead to losses with these types of news and crazy moves etc.,

But sometimes when you catch them at the right time with the right setup…you can take your pound of flesh from them.

Duane
DRFXTRADING

Hey tuva…

My website? I can send it to you in a private message…not allowed to put here. (Forum Rules)

[B]
Duane
DRFXSWINGTRADING[/B]

Hey Little Doc…

Yup, Day Trading is tough…really tough

Swing is the best approach.

What Methodology you using now?

Trend on Daily Chart. Entry on 3 hour chart with the 30 min chart as refinement of the entry area. I also use RSI to id opportunities

I’ve been on and off demo trading for a while and trying to follow the school of pipsology. This week i came to conclusion i enjoy and I am better at following a similar method you show here. I will be following with great interest whilst starting my own journal in the forum.

You trading from a demo-account , selling trading courses !!! Done 6 demo trade ,and a expect NOT BAD

I hope you understand the difference between demo and live trading … is the same as compare paintball with really war.

You moneymanagment will kill you before or later

Totally agree with you