Free Excel Trading Journal

Confirmation is always good in my opinion. Regardless if you use the spreadsheet provided or have your own, I think it is very important to keep a trade journal.

i found a excel forex spreadsheet in excel with a risk calculator built in found it quite useful and also helps with risk management very disciplined approach here is the link Que’s MM Calc and Log @ Forex Factory
Que’s MM Calc and Log @ Forex Factory
ForexFactory.com
Jul 18, 2007 - 20 posts - ‎5 authors
I use this very often as my personal MM says not to have more then 5% of my … Que’s MM CalcuLog Ver 12.zip 151 KB | 6,444 downloads.

I am also new in Forex. I will try using your journal.

There are non-excel options out there that are much more useful. Trading journal for active traders and investors | Trademetria, Free Trading Journal, Trade Planning, Risk & Money Management., www.traderdiarypro.com, etc.

Hi Stray,

Thanks for sharing your spreadsheet.

Whats the password to unprotected the locked cells? Just so I can change it around a little to suit myself.

Regards,

Hi Stray,

You have really did a very good job, thank you.

I appreciate your hard work and dedication to create this trade journal. And thanks for sharing it. I haven’t opened the zip file yet but sample screenshots of it look excellent… Thanks a ton!

thank ypou very much
this is much use full

can you please tell me how do i change the currency symbol from $ to INR rupees

hey there,

Thank you for the spreadsheet. How do I change the currency to GBP ?
Would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

1 Like

AMG2095, billstar91, nishanleema and all others…

All first time posters… call me skeptic

1 Like

Much appreciated! All the work you put into this would take me weeks. Truly grateful for your gift!

hey i was hoping would be okay to make some changes and give this to some of my students and peers would that be okay?

Hey guys!
Rather than creating your own excel journal, find an online ready and free journal, that will be much superior and professional. E.g. go to myFXbook, register and connect your account there. They support several brokers and the journal is automaticely getting updated with the infos from your trades. Otherwise, you can open e.g. a paper OANDA account (it’s free and not time-limited) and connect it to OANDA. And it would even better, if you have an account at TradingView (it’s way better in my opinion than mt4) and you connect your oanda account with TradingView and onda with myFXbook. You 'll have a very comprehensive journal with many useful statistics (actually all you need for backtesting you strategy and evaluating the future of your account).

Cheers and trade safe!

1 Like

cool I never know we can use google document

thank you been looking for something like this for a while sick of using paper haha

Myfxbook is great but when the mt4 platform looses the connection it becomes a hassle and you don’t get all the history at times. Using a journal gets you into the practice of journaling and looking for why you made the trade in the first place and also you can go back and see were you went wrong. Just my opinion.

Hi, thank you very much for sharing your journal.
I am new to forex trading and still learning, was looking for a journal.

Thanks again mate.

So many thanks for the simplest spreadsheet I ever saw ! :relaxed:

Thanks for sharing the journal.

Thanks so much. Very helpful.