I Need Individual Currency Index?

I’m looking for individual currency charts. I use to watch them on Mataf for years, but just today they got rid of them (just when i started trading live 2 days ago!!!) investing.com has USD and EUR index but i need to have GBP as well, and preferable the other majors. does anyone know of any broker or MT4 program or website that gives these charts?

PS i do NOT want a relative strength index.

Hi dear friend
I’m having the same problem.
I appreciate anyone’s help

Here’s the link to the Mataf website with the currencies indices (it’s still there)
https://www.mataf.net/en/forex/tools/currency-index
The only caution I would add to this is all indices are rebased to year 2000 - in other words, its relative to year 2000 and not absolute. I’ve been working on an indices model for some months now but it is on an excel spreadsheet, which unfortunately doesn’t produce great charts.

[quote=“whatseesaw, post:3, topic:77178, full:true”]
Here’s the link to the Mataf website with the currencies indices (it’s still there)
https://www.mataf.net/en/forex/tools/currency-index
The only caution I would add to this is all indices are rebased to year 2000 - in other words, its relative to year 2000 and not absolute.[/quote]

Sorry, this statement does not make sense to me.

An index must have a basis – a starting point to which a value is assigned, usually 100.

Mataf uses January 1, 2000 as the basis for their indexes, which is an arbitrary choice, but a perfectly acceptable arbitrary choice.

There is no such thing as an index without a basis (a starting point, a point of reference).

So, when you refer to an “absolute” index, I don’t know what you are taking about.

Mataf uses the 8 major currencies, and indexes each one of them versus the other 7. So, their USD index, for example, measures the percentage change (since Jan 1, 2000) versus EUR, JPY, GBP, CHF, CAD, AUS, and NZD, weighting each of those 7 currencies equally.

If this “basket” of currencies, and this weighting, make sense to you, then the Mataf indexes are what you’re looking for.

Other indexes – for example, the USDX, the FXCM Dollar Index, the Bloomberg Dollar Index, and others – use different “baskets” and different weightings.

In the case of the USD, a typical way to construct an index is to use a “basket” consisting of the currencies of the major trading partners of the United States, and to weight those currencies in the calculation according to the “market share” of each country’s trade with the U.S. In this type of index, the Chinese yuan and the Mexican peso will be included, and will be given weight in accordance with the value of Chinese and Mexican trade with the U.S.

This will produce an index value different from the value calculated by Mataf. If trade-weighted indexes make more sense to you than Mataf indexes, then you will probably have to be content with just a USD index, a EUR index, and a GBP index. I’m not aware of trade-weighted indexes for the other 5 major currencies.

Every one of these indexes, regardless of the “basket” and weighting used in the calculations, must have a starting point – a basis.

1 Like

When i found mataf, it was a game changer. It is better , i think, than analysing futures individual currencies.
My question is: if i subscribe to tradingview, would i be able to call up mataf charts and save them.
Thanks

hello guys, it’s little bit difficult to get all indexes in your own brokerage ,But i can help you to get all indexes in this brokerage
liteforex . com

so pls how do i go about it?

mataf at the moment is quite frustrating. Lots of technical issues going on with it.