Forex Newbie with Apple Mac needs help to choose the right broker/platform

Hi guys,

Short intro so that you know al bit 'bout me: 51 years old, german national but living in the philippines. Apple User for 20+ years. Trading shares 10+years but new to Forex.

Ok - what I need your help is the question which broker and platform to choose.
As Im on Apple the MT4 clients are mostly using wine (emulator) - its not bad BUT for me the textsize is way to small (especially the values right beneath the coursechart)
I use a 27" monitor with 2560x1440 resolution.

Is there a way to change the textsize in those MT4 (wine) clients so I can adjust that to my liking ?

I also tried different websolutions on different brokers - I really like the cTrader over the MT4 as I can increase the textsize - BUT the Webclient from OctaFX always shows me the mac beachball - so its unusable for trading.

In short:

1. Which would you recommend as best broker to use when living in the philippines
  • internet isn’t the best so I don’t need slow connections or lagging.
    For example: I tried FxPro but their MT4 demo client only shows me “Waiting for update” in the chart window - but if that takes longer than some minutes its useless.
  1. Is there a MT4 clint for Mac that is customizable to my need - or how can I configure that wine emulator (but Im no nerd programmer)

And any other suggestions/help is also nice.

Thank you