Oanda MT4 not updating

Hi guys,

First time poster long time reader. I have contacted Oanda support already regarding this however they have not replied to me in a couple of weeks, so I thought I might poll the community.

I have Oanda - MT4 setup on my computer and everything seems to be working fine except for the Order screen, which won’t load any symbols. Picture attached for reference.

Any idea what the Order screen isn’t updating? I’ve done searches which haven’t come up with anything. Everything else seems to be working fine.

I’ve also permitted the terminal.exe through Windows firewall to no avail. Any other ideas, let me know.

Cheers

Ah ffs I found a reply. Looks like it got picked up as spam.

So here’s what’s happening: using the Oanda-v20 Live server, you apparently need to use the pairs suffixed with -2. Go into your symbols in MT4 (ctl+u) and you’ll see two groups; Group1 and Instruments-2. It’s in the latter.

Really hope this helps someone in a similar position, because none of this was explained when setting up mt4 with oanda.

Wow seem complicated… I’m using oanda mobile platform v20. So far ok. The new update can trade directly from the trading screen n won’t switch to another page which can’t see the candle. I only use the web base when at home. But seem different from your mt4. Idk y…