Rob Booker Training

Hello All,

I recently finished Rob’s book, “Adventures of a Currency Trader” - its a great read. Following that, I actually signed up for his “1 on 1” training program.

I thought I’d post here and let you know how it goes. Its hard to know these days whats a scam or not a scam, but Rob looks pretty legit. I have no doubt that all the information can be found on babypips but the thing I’m missing right now is “putting it all together”. If I can watch someone place some trades and how they manage them, I am hoping it will round out my Forex education.

If it accomplishes this, its money well spent and cheap compared to what I may throw away in the forex market. If its a bunch of baloney then I guess I’m out a few hundred. Either way, I’ll let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

cdt

Rob Booker is a scam. He will claim that he has helped traders around the world. What he has really done is taken money from would be traders around the world.

Ask him how much he actually made trading his account this year. Ask him how much he actually made trading his account last year. Remember that he is a lawyer and is well versed in using illogical responses. He will not give you a straight answer. He will either try to intimidate you with strong language or bully you, or he will immediately try to deflect to something else using humor or whatever the trick of the day is.

Ask him where “the best trader he ever met” is. Where is Max, or Cody, or Dave Murphy, or Ariel Gelman, or Greg Vessely, or Josh Hauk, or Kurt Hanks, etc? He will give you some lame answer. If you press him on this it will piss him off!

Ask him about the smoothy, new york box, arizona rules, surprise trade, pivot points, bossilator, booker bands, short term trades, etc. Not an original idea of his own. Might as well flush your money down the toilet as to give it to him.

He made money in the FX only once for a short time years ago when FXCM filled all entry orders and he gamed the system. That gave him some illusory confidence that he could actually trade the market, which could not be further from the truth. Since then he has lost more money than he has made trading. He makes his money off of misrepresenting himself as a successful trader or having something of value to offer.

It is a fact that Rob Booker is a Forex Marketing Wizard!

Listen, Rob will seduce you with humor and feed you some absolutely great food and laugh with you all night. This is all to soften your logical assessment of the guy. He makes over $40K per month by doing what he does best, a song and a dance. Are you the next contestant on the Rob Booker show?

That’s some heavy-duty criticism, pal.

But, very well written! You appear to have some marketing talent (or copy-writing talent) of your own.

And you evidently joined this forum just so you could slam Rob Booker.

Maybe he deserves it.

Or, maybe you’re just some disgruntled malcontent with an axe to grind.

It will be interesting to hear cdutoit’s assessment of your criticism, after he completes his training with Rob Booker.

Clint

p.s. - your blogspot address doesn’t seem to work

Well I don’t know if he is a scammer or not but I have to agree that his book
"Adventures of a Currency Trader" is a great read.

1 Like

Writing books gives you instant creditability.The first book i read on forex was by James (i cant put his last name it spells like slang for the male anatomy).Went to the seminar and the bulling tactics are spot on with your thread.After the seminar i googled reveiws and the ugly truth came out.This guy as been marketing riches for over 20 years first in Real Estate where he was the salesmen and his relative was the guru.The relative spent time in the pen for abuses.Always be very skeptical on marketing wizards.

Evidently, you’re referring to James Pricks, who does indeed have a sleazy reputation for peddling anything that suckers will buy.

Or, maybe you’re just some disgruntled malcontent with an axe to grind.

It will be interesting to hear cdutoit’s assessment of your criticism, after he completes his training with Rob Booker.

Clint

p.s. - your blogspot address doesn’t seem to work

Clint - the Master Superior Contributor - spoken like a true FMW (Forex Marketing Wizard) incognito! Bully technique and the ad hominem technique, steer attention away from the argument by name calling (malcontent or axe grinder).

Perhaps we will now, after almost 2 years since his first posting, hear from cdutoit and he will finally “let us know how it goes”.

Watch your step boy.

Clint has through his postings here proven beyond any doubt that he deserves a lot of respect.

Adjust your attitude or go away.

Why don’t you instead provide some nice hard evidence to go with your verbal assault on Booker (who I don’t give a rats ass about btw).

o990l6mh FX-Men Honorary Member - Are you making a threat?

How about addressing the substance of the original post. Can you tell me where the gentleman are that Rob called the “best traders that he ever knew” and around whom he designed his highly profitable seminars? Has he left them better than when he found them? Who will be the next poster child? Is he really a trader for a living?

Does he really have to offer what he says he has to offer?

Or is he really just a marketing guy who misrepresents himself as something that he is not. The blind leading the blind. These are not bullied threats.

What evidence do you have to support your position that he is what he purports himself to be and that the substance in the original post is false? Don’t threaten, please enlighten.

who cares?
if he is or isnt does it matter, will it or wont it make me a better trader, do i read his stuff, yeah sometimes if bothered, do i care how much he makes if anything …no…

I don’t see where anyone here has really said anything positive about Rob Booker.

Who are you talking to when you say “What evidence do you have to support your position that he is what he purports himself to be?” :confused:

It looks to me like you are putting words in other people’s mouths. :slight_smile:

Personally I think anyone charging what Rob Booker does is probably a ripoff, but that’s just my opinion, since I’ve never attended any of his seminars or training.

Like Simon I did read “Adventures of a Currency Trader,” and I liked it, but I only paid about $10 bucks for it. There’s no way I’d pay hundreds or thousands for Rob Booker’s training. :slight_smile:

Who are you talking to when you say “What evidence do you have to support your position that he is what he purports himself to be?”

phil838 - I was responding to o990l6mh FX-Men Honorary Members comments. It appears that he is supportive of mr booker and has a problem with these observations that run counter to his opinion. I was just asking if he has some evidence that could support his obviously passionate point of view about wr booker and company.

He said he “doesn’t give a rat’s ass” about Rob Booker.

I think we’re all in agreement that giving money to Rob Booker is probably a bad idea…

Damn, sbb (you don’t mind if I call you sbb, do you?) — you’ve really nailed me to the cross!

Let me see if I have this right ----

[ul]
[li]Rob Booker is a forex [B]marketing[/B] wizard
[/li]
[li]cdutoit is a forex [B]marketing[/B] wizard
[/li]
[li]I am a forex [B]marketing[/B] wizard incognito (ooh, cloak-and-dagger stuff!)
[/li]
[li][B]and you’re the one who got edited by the Moderator for advertising[/B]
[/li][/ul]

yeah, that makes perfect sense to me!

Clint, it is apparent that you are pretty hot about this. Not sure why this has touched such a nerve with you. You must be really close to the situation and feel strongly about the value of Robs product.

I have nothing for sale nor a business to protect, just one blog post that talks about the techniques used by some to take money from others in a less than genuine way. Apparently Baby Pips frowns on having that info in the forum, so Pipsygirl removed the information regarding the post.

Thread oughta be renamed to [B]The smallest “slight” is all it takes.[/B] :D:D

If you think that’s what I said then you have a serious reading problem.

I said: don’t insult Clint!

Nothing else and nothing less.

Nope.

Not hot (well, not in the sense that you mean).

No nerves touched.

Not close to the “situation”, although I’m not sure what situation you’re referring to.

And no strong feelings about Booker’s product — have never purchased anything from him, and have never heard him speak.

I thought we were just having a friendly bar-room brawl here. You’re not going to get all pouty on me, are you?

Hell, let’s go have a beer!

p.s. - Good morning, MacGyver. Good morning, Sweet Pip. You guys are welcome to join us. We’re going out for a beer.

hello, so you lost some money taking that course , you made it clear , take care next time

one time i attended a free webinar for booker , and i couldnot last till the end ,that guy was acting real strange , he was making alots of noises ,cartoon voices , and he was very loud , all that made decide that i will never attend his free webinar again

Stumbled upon this thread and I thought I’d add my two cents:

I’ve never taken a Rob booker course, but I’ve heard of the guy.

He teaches forex for a fee right? That’s all he promises to deliver…an education in forex trading?

If he delivers an education in forex trading then he’s not a scammer.

If he promises or guarantees instant profits and it doesn’t happen then I guess he’s a scammer. But I don’t think that’s the case after checking his homepage. So, he’s not a scammer in my humble opinion.

I think it’s funny how some people take a forex course for however long and expect to be a pro and profitable right away. That’s like asking a beginning piano student to take lessons for 6 months then go play Carnigie Hall with the NY Philharmonic. Is that realistic? Same thing with forex. The market is played by pros and conditions change every day. A noob fresh out of whatever school or course he/she takes won’t know what to do right away…it just doesn’t happen. And if there is a noob who is that good… send’em my way so I can throw them some money :smiley:

So, before this debate gets out of control, let’s chill and see if we can get some credible reviews of Rob booker’s course. Maybe there is someone on this forum who has taken his course but is too afraid to speak up now because of the argument.

Maybe there’s not. Whatever. Again just my two cents…

1 Like