Bigger drop in usd/jpy is immenet

I can feel it!

Oh yea, why’s that?
…chart?

USDJPY has respected fibs levels in the past /i’m referring to dailies/ last weeks COT report suggested JPY to be bearish and along with bullish candles forming on support that has been respected for a while. We’ve seen a move higher but USDJPY is heading down again after hitting fibs retracement.

Unless there’s a big sentiment change I’m expecting USDJPY to respect the previous support level.

All that is great…but, what really matters is are you backing up your claims by putting a live trade on?

I trade live account and if you go to a thread called trading with market sentiment started by Forexchange you’ll see where my analysis /or as you refer ‘claims’/ is coming from. I went long on the first bounce off from major support /dailies/ and went short on fibs retracement but I had a tight SL so got closed out earlier only later to find out the price respected fibs retracement.

I’m awaiting for a new COT report to see if there will be a significant change in positions /market sentiment/.

shorting the uj is an act of evil…

Seems that way doesn’t it? A rumor making the rounds is the Japanese Postal Fund “might” be a very big buyer of USD/JPY stepping in around the 101.20– 101.00 level, not to be confused with central bank “intervention”. :wink:

Hmm… this is what I see…so is the ‘pressure’ up or down?

And the same daily chart zoomed out with some lines - I know there is a name for this thing…

So…is it like this…“nope not this time, (gone up) not this time, (bounce up) try again (bouncing up shorter and shorter), ok…I give, have it your way, gonna go below support this time, and I’m gonna go down alright”. Just seems like someone doesn’t want it to go below that support level, but not too many are making a run for the upside. So, eventually looks like when it breaks, look out. Down she goes. Far. And all in.
OR…is it like this…“I’m just winding up to get momentum for a huge break to the upside.”

I think the former.

Lol, or is it the latter…

Imo, if I were to seek an astute trader, one question I would ask - what position have you on Usd/Jpy

I would await the answer with interest :slight_smile:

if they’re [B]that[/B] astutue they would say “neutral”

they would inform you there are far smarter positions to be laying bets than churning decent money on that dead horse for the time being, such as longing dips in spx & currently shorting crude.

the savvy ones won’t be laying large chunks of cash in the dollar/yen trough yet.

Thanks Thalia, nail on the head.

You have summed it up with the words “laying bets”.

The first thing that that I thought of when seeing this thread was that age old question, the trader vs the gambler.

you’ve lost me Peterma.
they’re one & the same.

i interact & deal with professional traders all day long every day & have done for years (some very astute & others not so) which explains my spx & crude v/s dollar-yen comment.

the sharp tacks have been, & are continuing to bet the type of candidates mentioned above & are avoiding low value products such as dollar/yen, but whether they deal 10mio or 100mio per deal they’re all just placing bets.

Ahh Thalia, not gonna down this road, I’m way too old, Kenny Rogers is one of my big time favourites - the gambler he breaks even - I have known some gamblers in my lifetime, most have not broke even.

But like I say, see how your trader instinct said ‘be flat’ and yet others may have said ‘go short’.

The sharp tacks are not gamblers - they are traders.

Sometimes I think guys like yourself have so much experience to impart that learner traders may want to learn, so again Thks.