Metastock Pro

Hello,
Just wondering, am i able to link Metastock pro to the data feed if i had an account with you ? Thanks

Hey ADXrising,

As we run our price feed through MT4, it isn’t readily accessible and easy to add to a 3rd party software.

You’re not a fan of MT4? What are the advantages you’re looking to gain through using Metastock?

Thanks for replying,
I’m quite fond of Metastock and have a good idea how to code with it and have a collection of systems and ideas that i have or can code into it and run simulations, i would like to be able to link it to a data feed from the broker to match the prices that are in the deal ticket. I did a trial of the Metastock Pro FX but found that the 2 data feeds didn’t match up probably due to different sources or interbank rates vs what your actual broker quotes etc so its not compatible unless the data is coming from the same broker you are dealing with, thats my experience anyway. I’m not sure why no brokers offer some kind of data feed for 3rd party software but i’m sure there is a reason for it, would just be nice to be able to have that option. I’ve heard of API but no idea about how to use that either i was hoping for a simple connection type thing. Thank you

No worries mate. It will be interesting to see what the other brokers say.

We’ve had some interest in connecting the data feed before. Watch this space.

I will, sure would be nice. Vantage FX is now bookmarked in my browser :slight_smile: