Metatrader doubts¡¡

Hi, i am a currently trading with GFT, which has a great platform, dealbook but for several things i am changing to Alpari, i am new to metatrader and i have many doubts.

1. is it possible to add news to metatrader?
  2. is it possible to move the chart verticaly and how (i know that by clicking and moving upward or downward on the right side works but changes the size, so is it possible?)
  3. is it possible to change the space between the candles cause i would like to see more candles with out affecting the size of the chart.
  4. how do i configure the mail for hotmail or gmail? there was an option for sending msn to the phone by some official web sites, is it possible to other countries, where and how?
    For any help you could give me i would be really greatfull!, meta trader is a great platform and i think this are some of the small things missing…
    Thanks!

this is a bit off topic, so apologies in advance but I am thinking of switching to GFT- why did you switch from it? I’m wondering if I’m making the correct decision thanks

Hi, there are several reasons, well for me and i think it despends on what type or trader you ar and what are the things you need, as you know US regulation changed last year so no more headging is possible and the leverage a maximun of 1¨50, only foreing brokers provide those services, if you are a us resident you just can trade with us brokers. GFT has a great platform dealbook with many options that other dont have wich make it really comfortable to use, i think that even better than the ones provided form forex, fxcm and others… i dont know why GFT havent subscribe to many websites, probably cause the Dealbook plataform limit the options, an example for this myfxbook.com or currencess, zulutrade or others. Also i am a Mc user and i am tired of logging out of Os and getting into windows to be available to trade, about a year ago i was told by GFT service program that a mac platform was being made, (more than one gft speciallist said that), know when you ask there is no such program… Now that metatrader is available for MAC, with out installing parralles or vmware, it all makes sense to me, get out of GFT and join Alpari, which i would recomend check it it out!,also have autochartis which was a tool form GFT!.
Good day

thanks, but GFT also offers an MT4 platform in addition to Dealbook. I didn’t know there was a Mac version of mt4, good to know as I use a Mac and was thinking of getting a small netbook for mobile trading. anyway, sorry to digress, I’ll let you get back on topic now…

Hello All,

First of all, there is NO MT4 for Mac. You can run MT4 in OS X by using VMWare Fusion or Parallels. I use VMWare with Windows XP and it works great. No need to log out and log into Windows, it runs like a regular OS X window.

@patchgt To answer your questions:

1. There should be a News tab at the bottom of your screen, if you have a live account. If you don’t see the terminal, just click on the Terminal button in the toolbar at the top. Demo accounts don’t have the news tab.
  2. If I understand you correctly, you cannot move the chart vertically. You can only resize the chart vertically by clicking and dragging the right margin (with prices) like you mentioned.
  3. No way to change the space between candles. You just have to zoom in or out to see more or less candles on the screen. You can click and drag the bottom margin (with the date/time) to do this.
  4. You cannot use the mail feature with any free email services. GMX used to work, but not anymore. Google “how to setup metatrader text message alerts” to figure out how to do the setup. The primary issue in other countries will be the mobile phone carrier. Some carriers don’t allow text messages to be sent via email.

Hope that helps!

yes GFT offers a platform for MT4, which is great but their greatest asset was dealbook, if you compare it with metatrader, if you use metatrader it is just an average broker, i think there are better ones, try it, by the way there are two ways of using MT4 in a MAC with out using vmware or paralles which consume a lot of resources, try with winebottle *not sure the name and crossover, if you want mail me and i can send you crossover the complete version, and all of this using your mac working at the 100% and making $$$!

Thanks Hugh!!, thanks for the answers! and yes you have been helpful, you should try crossover or the winebottle thing, i used parallels and vmware and slow my macbook white, feels much better with crossover.