1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

Looks like we had unwinding of some longs/supply creeping in today during London. Little up thrusts on increased vol resulting in an immediate drift down. It’s clear on the 5min. We might not get the climactic end to this up move, but a rolling over as the tide shifts. Hot looking short setup…

Mmmm.

Pete,

please pardon the noobish question … but regarding your last posts:

1. what would be considered “confirmation” that a reversal would happen at the top marked in your chart?
  2. did you take the short trade? and where did you enter?

I’m currently reading “Master the Markets”, but find that I learn a lot more with examples + clear explanation.

If price is in an up trend and volume increases beyond the average of the up move, BUT price doesn’t continue up, then we look to sell.

Other confirmations were the 15 min pin bars, and the double top. High volume double tops and double bottoms are a nice way to end a trending move and catch a reversal trade.

Also Fridays up move on news showed weakness in this area…but thats for another post…point is I was looking to short here also based on the background activity friday.

I entered just as this candle was closing.

thanks for the reply. how do you handle your stops? I would assume at a minimum it should be higher the recent high [which would be the high made by the wick of the candle], but most likely a few pips beyond that.

Right, on a reversal trade my SL is about 5-10 pips above the top, or bottom. If this requires SL is greater than 30 pips I tend to skip the trade, or use a smaller position size to control risk.

On 50-61.8 fibb bounces I put my SL 5-10 pips below or above 61.8. Same deal on that max 30 pips SL/position size.

Same as the last trade in reverse. Caught the entire news move +32.

I should have marked stopping volume as well. Higher volume than the move down, with no further down move. Right where that first pin touches the red line.

I didn’t trade today. Just opened the chart and saw this.

The money that moves the market will buy low and sell high.

Notice the High Volume at lower prices (buying, green) compared to the higher prices (selling/red)…We see where they are more active. :wink:

Monday will most likely be a buy…background is accumilation.

Have you compared futures volume to forex volume? Would it be possible to use futures volume for forex. I’m new to this thread and am very interested in VSA. Thanks for the info…

ps

Can you send me a private message about your chat room?

I don’t use it but you could…it’s similar. I don’t need anything but tick volume.

Babypips has a strict “solicitaion” policy, so please no questions about the chat.

I’m long today as planned from 1.3197 :slight_smile:

And now you’re sitting pretty lol

Got the short scalp off 61.8 rejection, 15 min was a pin. Now long off stopping volume/double bottom to get back with the trend, some in the bank and locked BE 1.3441.

I swear I’m not making this up. The market is too easy when you know how it works. :smiley:
looking for 100 pips or so if my BE isn’t hit on the rest of this long.

A closer look. Sorry it’s messy but just follow the numbers.

…accumulation, I can’t spele lol.

All you need is a naked chart and Volume. Not better Volume, no indicators. They will keep you blind.

The market moves though cycles. It’s a system rigged to take your money. That’s how it works. That’s why it’s there.

[I]How you trade actually helps determine the very cycles that are causing you to lose[/I]. You are all shooting yourself in the foot. If you happend to be on the right side of the market, just know that most are not…and next time you may not be so lucky.

Your indicators are picking up on “symptoms” of a trade, not the cause of the trade. They are saying someone has the flu everytime they sneeze more than 3 times…sometimes yes, sometimes no. That’s gambling. Same analogy applies to the “everytime the chart does this, I’m going to do that” style.

Besides keeping a journal for myself, I keep this thread going in an effort to help the 90% who are losing. This is after all babypips, where people would come to learn. There are a handfull that are successfull, but most people want a simple “paint by numbers” system. That’s NOT how the market works…get real. If it was that easy, than everyone would be doing it. And where would all those winnings come from?

Banks! Yeah that’s right, one day you are all going to outsmart the banks, lol.

I’ve said my peace. Don’t be afraid to admit that what you thought was true, is a lie. The truth will set you free…and all that good stuff. :wink:

Nice post Pete, superbe trades!

Thanks to your thread and your recommendations from early july, I’ve been able to get really good entries since.

There’s nothing like understanding and actually watching what the big boys are doing.

If may I give some advise to a few people out there, rather than trying to imitate what Pete is doing, integrate the VSA concept into your preferred support/resistance trading system and see for yourself what reveals in front of your eyes.

Thank you Pete.

Much appreciated…and that’s good advice.

Well said, Pete! Starting last week, I actually removed Stochs from my charts and “Better Volume” was just confusing. Now its just Fibs, Pivots and S&R based of recent PA. Feeling kinda naughty being so naked now lol

Petefader,
I’ve been fascinated by your posts. I’m still reading this thread (currently on on page 8 lol) .
Please can you forward to me your famous PDF of Master The Markets.

Thanx so much

Make sure you scroll down to the proper link: Download mtmv3.pdf from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

:slight_smile:

No stopping volume yet in this markdown phase. That suggests a test of this former accumulation zone is coming, and we can see the reaction there for a possible long.