1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

So about 30 mins ago i made my 1st trade of 2011
sell @1.3694 SL 1.3715 TP 1.3665 [12:20am EST]

[see Dodge for charts (f$%^n noob rules!)]

94 was the next fib on the way down, seemed to define the last move up so i figured if its broke, go all the way!
50fib @80 61fib @66 after that for SL

30 mins in 1.3688 and falling…

Posting for JJWoodyNYC, a personal friend of mine.

Long entry at the pivot, higher volume bouncing off the pivot and the 50 fib

ok, 1.5 hrs into my 1st trade, [I]h8r[/I] V83 is making me second guess myself!

taken 2 bounces off 50fib @ 1.3679 on both m15 & m30 charts, but i’m still up 10pips and rising.

so my question…

at what point do you reconsider your trade? do you jump @50 or hang on till 61?

Between 50 and 61.8 and see volume and price action behavior there

Not anymore, the cat and mouse is a great starter system though, it can be a shortcut to being profitable, while you learn how the market works.

Well, reason why I’ve been shorting is that 4H and daily fibbs that I slapped in, shows 50-61.8 resistance lines for me. Kinda hoping for that bigger move there. It’s just against me on those. :stuck_out_tongue: But small quick moves gives me pips. Like you said, what ever works. :stuck_out_tongue:

AHHHH! I punk’d out! should have just closed out at 1.3668 wen i had the chance watched half my gains retrace to '3680 & closed but caught a quick 8 at the euro market open @3am! all-in-all, i ended up 18pips up, nothing spectacular but i’m new to VSA & a win is a WIN in my book!

BTW I feel like an idiot now @1.3648

And another missed big move. haha… Maybe going to buy at Daily S1…

It just keeps on going… No buy.

Maybe buying at fib 100 %…

so if i said i saw this coming i’d only halfway be lying. My origional expectation when i started at 1am was a retrace of yesterday’s gains but i didn’t expect a TOTAL retrace at all. i’m throwing a limit sell out there jus in case we break 3600.

Okay, not even here. Sun shining, I go out. No trades today. I hope better luck for you guys. :stuck_out_tongue:

I entered with a feeder stake at 1.3617 which was close to previous support from both yesterday’s Tokyo and London low and was the NY low from the 8th. Price also reacted quite strongly to this level back on the 3rd. A pullback like this to this level seems to offer a decent value and has some room for upward movement using ATR. Too early to say for sure yet either but looks to be shaping up to a pin bar with volume. Will see how it works out but I’ll roll the dice for this sort of trade most times.

SL hit. It’s funny because usually I would go short here on the higher volume down wick…

9 losses + 1 BE in a row now.

@DodgeV83
Seeing your trade today I thought you’re too aggressive. Price is in a strong downtrend, imo, price at least will have a consolation period before reversal for that type of trend. Second thing is price didn’t get into 50-61.8 fib yet and we are in Frankfurt session, in this session, we often seen Frankie fake out so that SM could get better price getting into LD session. In short, during Frankfurt session, there’s a lot of uncertainty :slight_smile:

Back home again. I made good choice to go out and visit my family. :stuck_out_tongue: Now I’m seeing some volume what I wanted to see hours ago… But… I wish I could go long now, but there is something that says me “don’t go long”. I don’t know why. I just have a feel. There could be place to go short also, but going short this low after this kind of move what we already saw… Aff…

Mad Scalper works in trends. And I checked that one. It woulda gave good entry points and there was very clear profit taking points (for me at least, increased volume on support points). But I think I was stupid that I was waiting place to go long and ignored that. :slight_smile: But then again… I rather keep my profits what I made than force myself in the trades that could be bad ones.

Tomorrow is friday, hmm… I think my weekend started today.

Typing this I see some volume that could maybe make price to go sideways, and I see that Mad Scalper is about to say go short. I pass that and I turn charts off. Now it can go lower.

The fall from 1.3728 down to 1.3581 represents a full day’s ATR. Some kind of a pullback wouldn’t be out of the question. It’ll need a good boot to drop down much more, especially given that the zone under 1.36 looks like a fairly decent area of support to have to work through. U.S. Equities have started badly but E/U isn’t dropping much more at the moment. For the past while all dips in equities have been bought as The Bernank has decreed from on high that the stock market cannot fall for long and this might feed into E/U later. I guess we’ll see how it plays out but I’ve chanced a small long from 1.3595.

Okay, I took one trade. I went long in green circle. My stop got hit in red circle. It hits my stop, by pip. And it didn’t go any lower than that. So again, I get stopped by that one pip. lol… Yellow was my target. Just bellow S1. :stuck_out_tongue: R/R was about 1/1.5. Meh… So lame day.