1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

Tru. Very aggressive sometimes. But I’m good what I’m doing. It’s just that I would want to be better to hold some of my loots longer and score bigger moves. But, I just can’t catch those. Trying to do that with my mini account. I hate using demo account, it’s not my money, so I don’t care for that so much, but with mini account, it is different story for me.

You should help by sending screens from your trades more and explain, so I could learn. :slight_smile: I’m decent now, but I’m always open for new ideas.

I’m quite impressed with what you are achieving, but until Tuesday I wasn’t really getting much benefit from volumes until I realised that the significant difference in the volume chart of Oanda I was using wasn’t effective. So soon as I got something useful to post I will.

You might be interested in this though, http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/37845-multiple-fib-indicator.html#post240762

It lets you have a number of different Fib levels on without having to use the Fib tool and end up with a messy chart, I tend to have 3 on the 1 hour chart and then trade off the 5.

Fibs coupled with trend direction gives you great clues to if your trade will go.

Here’s a good one I think, but darn - I missed it, I was distracted, Short for 20+ PIPS

I went for exactly that one myself. Ended up with +17 pips - closed out when it looked like it met support. Was hoping I’d nipped in for a good ride down but not to be. I like the look of trying to short again around the 1.3620 if it gets up there. But Bernanke running his mouth could make things all sorts of choppy.

I just went short at 1.3607.

First class entry.
Good for you.
Right on the spot as China off loaded it’s Longs.

If you got the nerve you can battle it out with the rumoured half yard down there @1.3550/55.

I just closed 1/3 of it at around 1.3580.

Mad man at work… I reopened that 1/3 at 1.3610… Risky at this time of day… lol

Corker, you tire me out just following you, let alone trade in that way, but you’ve certainly got the hang of it by the looks of things.

We’ve been testing the lows of those 3 weekly dojis with low volume.

C’mon mannnn… you bears are kidding me, right?!

1. Volume spike in fresh lows (no immediate support areas)… Potential strength entering market?

2. No real follow-through, price drops slightly on lower vol.

3. A no-supply’ish bar. Closes on lows with volume relatively low compared to its previous bars. My conservative entry. (Took a small-risk aggressive entry at point 1 with a 20pip SL and got stopped out.)

4. A test of the low of the high volume bar on low volume. Another conservative entry.

**We’ve broken above the nfp low. Next area of strong supply might be at the nfp open. We shall see.

This was my entry from yesterday during the overlap. Just wanted to touch on a few things that people have been speaking about. Don’t be afraid of your analysis. Alot of the time you’ll be right, just a little bit early. I find this happening to myself all the time. You have to be disciplined enough to know your analysis was correct and that you should jump back on it on the next safe entry. I restrict my trade openings to the NY/London overlap. If I get stopped out 3 times in a row, I’m done for the day. Over-trading/Revenge trading is an account killer.

VSA is considered discretionary trading. Targets/SL’s are not set in stone. You have to set them at the most logical place. The market is a lovely girl and you have to treat her right but she could give two sh!ts about you LOL.

Regarding longer term trades, don’t expect every trade to run off to the horizon. You have to find that place you want price to come and then use VSA for safe entries. I’ve been using E/U as a Long biased pair. I’ve been buying dips since the accumulation at the end of the holidays and this looks like a re-accumulation to me so I’ll continue to buy dips until she breaks below the 50% retracement on the daily swing. All my orders had a portion closed at 20pips and stop moved to BE to protect capital.

Play it safe!

I’d agree that buying dips has usally been the best value trade in E/U since last June barring some obvious times when it wasn’t. We’ll see if there’s much more upswing ahead though. Bond vigilantes are properly gearing up on Portugal - their yields hit an all time high today:

Portugal bailout talk has been gathering pace this past couple of weeks and it’s feeding into the Euro which has been stair stepping it’s way down. Can see on the daily chart below how it retraced to the 62% before falling and is now at the 62% retracement again. Couple that with a clear series of LHs and LLs in the past 2 weeks and personally I don’t think it’s bad value to be looking at some shorts at clear resistance levels. I guess things will get clearer by tomorrow.

Let’s just wait and see who is going to win this slug out: The funds who have been selling up there or the Asian Central Banks who have been buying on dips. :slight_smile:

Mind you…are the Asians need to intervene in the USD ? Who knows ? :slight_smile:

I look for long right now.

Absolutley I’m long at 1.3551

So far that level is holding. I’ve entered with a small long at 1.3553 - profit taking before the weekend and some eyes on probable stops below 1.3530 is keeping my stake small for now.

Aww, you beat me by 3 pips. 1.3554 here.

btw. 'cause it’s been great week for me and it’s my natural enemy (friday…) I’m risking 2 %! :smiley: You guys will look at me and shake your heads like “oh that noob Nero with his attitude again”. :smiley:

HOLY !! :smiley: Oh yes! Now there it goes! :smiley:

Yep - that was a nice pop up there :slight_smile: Exited at 1.3608.

Got my 1% from a small enough stake so I’m out for the week I reckon. With the weekend on the way and a US holiday on Monday liquidity might get funny in a bit.

My target was at 1.3590. I closed half there… Then it went even higher, I closed 1/4 more.

So again, I have that 1/4 more going on… Oh man, even that alone would give now almost 2 % profit… I feel like closing that too. But idk. I already got alot! And risking 0 with this… BE locked… Should I let this run or… >.<

Okay, I closed last 1/4 position. That alone gave that 2 %… I just can’t hold these. When I see good profit, I take. Even thou this could give even more in long run but… Can’t do it.

This week was best in my life. :stuck_out_tongue: 15% profit this week. That is just mad for me.