1 New Case of Covid19 in NZ

Oh my. :confused: Things aren’t looking so great over there now. :open_mouth: I think they have more active cases now. Still not as bad as most other countries but bad enough for their government to announce a lockdown for Auckland. :open_mouth:

5.7 M total confirmed cases in the US. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning: I’m so sorry. :frowning: It looks like it’s gonna take a while before you can really bring down the numbers. :frowning:

I really hope they’ll manage to eradicate it again. How did it manage to get in, is there any information?

I don’t know about each case but unfortunately, one of the covid positive people that got into the country was from the Philippines. :confused: I just checked their numbers and they get like 9-15 new cases per day. :open_mouth: Still not as bad as most other countries, but I hope they get back to 0 cases per day soon. :frowning:

The problem is that it just starts slow. Look at South Korea - they had such an amazing case tracking for a long time and only got about 20-30 cases per day for months. Now they’re clocking 300+ cases per day. :frowning:

Yeah. :confused: I’ve heard about that too. :frowning: But I guess, what’s commendable about NZ is that they’ve been able to keep their new cases low until now. :thinking: I just checked and they recorded 5 new cases yesterday and 3 new cases 2 days ago. :open_mouth: So, still super low.

1 Like

True. I really hope they’ll manage to maintain this.

1 Like

Six cases yesterday. It’s really concerning that they can’t find the end of that cluster. :frowning:

Yeah. :confused: :frowning: But the bright side is, their numbers are still pretty low compared to the thousands of cases we get here everyday. :open_mouth:

Indeed. I hope they manage to maintain it at those levels.

Wow didn’t know this! I also read Europe is getting their second wave right now…

Something of the sort. In many places are recording very high numbers, but at the same time they’re testing even very mildly symptomatic and asymptomatic people too, and during the first wave they were testing only the people in serious condition. So it’s actually fewer people than during the first wave, back then there weren’t enough tests for everyone.

1 Like

Ah yes I can see that. What they should probably track is the ratio of tested vs. positive? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah. :open_mouth: I think that’s the best way to go about it. At least, it seems like more countries have prepared themselves for the 2nd wave of the pandemic so I hope it doesn’t claim as much live as it did during the first wave. :pray:

1 Like

I really hope it wouldn’t be the case.

1 Like

Yeah. :confused: How are things looking over there in your country? :open_mouth: I hope you stay safe. :frowning:

I try to barely look at the statistics these days. It’s too stressful.
And you too, ria_rose. You too.

1 Like