100% in a year possibility?

What!! I’m glad you have discovered your system and have tested it to be working but your system will be a disaster on my personality and way of life. I have discovered mine and presently testing it. My present running trade is 1week and one day old. I check my trade just to trail my stop when I get the signal to do so and it could take one day or two before I see the set up to trail stop and keep the trade going while I do other business. In random I get small loss, small profit or big profit ( if the my system successfully rides the trend to the end while trailing) but never big loss. I love the fact you trade naked chart😁

1 Like

To bang it hard, need to strip it nak** :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Yes it’s possible, you can do much more than that if you are a smart trader. I’ve managed 40-80% a month numerous times, it’s true that it’s hard to consistently maintain that but it is possible. The best traders become multi millionaires so if it were not possible everyone would be stuck with a £50k account. Ignore the nay sayers and keep working at it.

2 Likes

Here’s a dangerous question that violates accepted risk management parameters. How many folks have put 100 dollars into a FOREX account then purchased 1 micro lot of USDCHF for around 30 dollars and captured around 3 dollars profit almost everyday? That’s a 10 percent gain. I think many decent traders can reach a P/L of 30 dollars in a few months, which would represent a 100 percent gain above the amount invested. The math is the same if we are talking about a 10k balance and a standard lot size.

I’m not promoting that people assume more risk. Find your level. Earn the right to put more money at risk. I discovered this while realizing I trade differently with skin in the game. So, I decided to put money into an account but I didn’t trust myself with more than a $100 balance. It forced me to get better at entries and moving my stop loss to protect my principle. The first go around I survived a year without blowing up my account. I traded only in the direction of the trend. My stops were very tight, around 10 pips.

This parable is difficult for a young guy like me to understand. I refuse to understand :rofl:

For what it is worth, yes .I can only speak for myself - based on my experience it is very much possible to get 100% profit in FX. I have done this 3 years running but my account is very small. So, I don’t know whether I can manage similar returns on >100K account size as emotions will be very different.

This week : 2.54% x 52 weeks = 132.08% YAY!!
Past 2 weeks : 3.28% x 26 (2 week periods in a year) = 85.28% Wait…wait happen.
Past Month : 3.46% x 12 = 41.52% What The F***!!!
Past 2 months : 6.42% x 6 = 38.52% :sob:
Past 6 months : 31.91% x 2 = 63.82% :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Apparently I’m on track to make somewhere between 38% and 132%

Well, hopefully that’s helpful

Very helpful. Lucky you. Hope my strategy would yield better results after several years of usage😭

Great results joey. Whats your secret? :grinning:

I have only just started trading with live account part time since I have full time work. Even so I hope to make in excess of 100% in a year. But my risk management plan is not as you described because it begins at fixed cash risk of 2.5% and have draw up levels where risk doubles and draw down levels when I would 1/2 the risk. Wishing everyone success.

1 Like

100% in a year is a possibility if your strategy performance physically allows it. The strategy’s capability over 1 year is a function of win rate, average % gained per trade, average % lost per trade, and the number of trades available.

But 100% per year is from some angles pretty modest, especially for a trader who can devote all their time to trading. Not because this makes them better traders or because day-trading and scalping pay better, but because they can find more opportunities and therefore take more trades. 100% per year means only 6% per month if you compound your position sizes. There are about 20 trading days per month, so you only need to make a modest profit on only a little over half of the days and you will certainly double your money.

So why don’t more traders double their money?

lack of discipline - You have to do the same thing every day at the same time and in the same way, 200 days in succession. This year and next year and every year for the next decade. Try telling that to an average 20-year old.

excessive risk - A little success leads to over-confidence impatience, over-sized positions and excessive account capital risked per trade. A run of losers wipes out the account (possibly via a set of revenge trades).

failure to compound - Few traders adequately increase their position sizes as their account grows. They keep the same risk levels in $ and the same targets in $ no matter what size the account.

self-limiting trades - Most new traders try to make big money quickly through reversal trades. These are low probability trades with a limited forward price action. Traders always exit as soon as they can. Once price has reversed, it has reversed and that’s the end of the trade on this market. Its no wonder they close their winners early.
Maybe the key reason why traders generally do not double their money is because they don’t follow trends, so they are always under pressure to exit too early and they don’t pyramid their trades because the trades they take cannot be pyramided - they are win or lose shots at target and once the TP signalled by the head-and-shoulders or what-have-you has been reached, that’s the end of the story.

5 Likes

Mehn! This explanation is top notch. You broke it down into nano. Thanks @tommor

Just wanted to ask you how long you’ve been trading… Congrats, if you mastered this in only one y !
I’m still working on it after 3 y… :), but at least I’m on the good way.

I’m six months old in Forex. I have been trading/learning for six months straight and still learning. Now, I hope the next 12months of my trading career will be a good one to be proud of. Congratulate me on the 31st of January 2021 for giving birth to a working plan. If it doesn’t work, still congratulate me, it is not easy to invent and build prototype :sweat_smile:

On the 31st of January 2021 the completed result of my system (one of the reasons I created this thread) will be displayed and the amount of %profit (let me be positive) will be announced in my trade system result thread HERE

@Tommor

Damn, you really got it in for reversals haven’t you. Personally I find them one of the best techniques out there, but it does all come to down to your interpretation of them and how you trade them.

Hi Aciula,

Good morning. I have been live trading now for 6 months, and before that, I had been analyzing and monitoring the Forex market for 6 months. My education helped me a lot in understanding chart patterns. I have done MBA and also Black Belt in Six Sigma. Most people are using indicators which are lagging and will never give current market situation. The factors that drive the price highs and lows are news and economic news release not the indicators. This simple thing traders do not understand.

Yes, I have met 4 successful traders in life who are just amazing and guided me where I was going wrong. Even though they are very young, still I think their dedication and hard work needs to be given every appreciation. Practical application is very important if any strategy is to be implemented. If any strategy that does not work for a week in Forex, it will never work. Then it will only be like playing with it, nothing more.

Give a try for price action strategy without any indicators on demo account. Just try support and resistance. I think you will immediately understand as you have been trading now for 3 years.

Hello Sir,

I am against starting with higher amounts. I think £100 is more than enough. The whole thing here is to first get the real feel of actual trading and taking out the fear. Once, a person is comfortable and at least 70-80% assured, then slowly increase the lot size.

1 Like

Hello John,

Reversals are very easy. Take reversals only if the “chart pattern is flat” and the price level has come to the previous high/low. Use reversal only once. If the price comes to the same level again avoid it as it is going to breakout.

Yep, I’m dead against them for beginners - who at that stage actually cannot trade. But if you’re making them work for you, don’t stop now.

I think a Nobel prize should go to whoever gets day-trading reversals banned for anyone who isn’t already making money. Services to the broke maybe.

1 Like