$1000 to $1 million in 14 months Trading Challenge

Welcome Trader Jon!

Trade results for 8/4/2016

Trade 1,2,3

Started off with -9.3 pips again but took the next 2 trades for +9.9 pips (4.4 and 5.5) to get to a plus

Trade 4

Ok, for this trade, it just took forever to get it going. What really pissed me off is when it came down positive for three times at +6, +7, and +8, I waited out for more but it kept going back up every time. Then the 4th time came down with +10 pips and decided to take profit but I as soon as I did that, it went down another 9 pips…

I don’t know, maybe it’s just one of those trading things… How did I know precisely to get out of that trade for me to see it goes even farther? Or when I have waited for an entry, decided to get it and that is the precise place for lows for short and tops for buy… perfect! A genius? Or as soon as I decided I’ve had enough and close a losing trade, it turns around in my favor the moment I close it getting the maximum loss I can get… perfect timing. How did I!!!

Lessons to consider: Just learn to live with it?

8/4/16

$2,500 + $141(5.64%) = $2,641

Overall gain of 32.05%

This week so far hasn’t been too good. I’m just left with a scrap to trade in the U.S session after having European session getting all the moves and constantly feeling unsure whether market is going to continue with breakout or reverse.

TC

I think an excellent result so far

I calculated the average compounded profit but couldn’t post it by a new browser update that was not working

The second day it was 11.28% and 59 days to target
day 3 7.72% and 84 days
last 7.19% and 90 days

I wonder what your average is going to be but the good start now will give you an big advantage.

Do you use the same indicators? It is hard to see but did you add a BB?

Yes of course, MACD, Stochastic, EMA’s and BB. BB has been in the chart from the beginning.

I’d like to have good daily average returns but I need to stop making those silly, dumb mistakes.

TC

Trade results for 8/5, 8/8, 8/9/2016

8/5 82.4 pips at $90.44
8/8 48.9 pips at $48.90
8/9 17.7 pips at $17.70

I was only doing 0.1 lot per trade because I was in a drawdown since friday and did not want to risk more than I should. Just because of this, I was not able to trade full lot and that’s a shame, total waste of time. I should have closed it to re-coup my losses and then some with my regular trade size, that would have been more quicker.

Lessons to consider: CUT YOUR LOSSES AND DO NOT CARRY OVER TO NEXT DAY.

You would actually be less productive getting profits with holding a losing trade because

1) Can't trade with full standard lot where you are actually losing money.  
                           2) pschycologically it becomes tough to handle placing a trade with an on going losing trade.

8/5

$2,641 + $90.44(3.43%) = $2,731.44

8/8

$2,731.44 + $48.90(1.79%) = $2,780.34

8/9

$2,780.34+ $17.70(0.64%) = $2,798.04

Overall gain of 40%

Trade results for 8/10/2016

So I managed to get out of the losing trade at -33.2 pips. I had several chance to get out of that trade at -9.7 pips then -13.8 pips and -20.5 pips but did not decided to do that hoping for it to go farther up, my greed kicked in. But then the market was turning so I had to get out no matter what and did not want to deal with it anymore.

The trades I took after I got out, I was able to take 70+ pips to re-coup my loss and ended the day with 40+ pips

This is the 60 min chart. I took many short trades in and out during the 80 pip range bars coming down.

Lessons to consider: Losing trades will happen time and time again. And the sad thing is, many traders including myself keep making the same mistake of not cutting losses short/early again and again. But remember, by cutting the losses and focusing on next trades will keep you from turning a negative day into a positive day, or even save you from blowing an account.

8/10

$2798.04 + $405.56(14.50%) = $3,203.60

Today’s gain 14.50%
Overall gain of 60.18%

During the last few days, 8/5, 8/8, 8/9, I had made 149 pips but only made $149 at 0.1 lot size because I was holding on to a losing trade. If I hadn’t been holding it, It would have been $1,490 at 1 lot, which I have greatly missed out on.

Simple lesson to take home… CUT YOUR LOSSES AND START OVER. (Sorry guys, I’m going to keep saying this until I don’t do it anymore.)

TC

Trade results for 8/11/2016

I have made several scalp trades of (4.5)(0.3)(6.2)(3.2)(5.8)(4.4) pips.

Nothing to be noted for. Finished with +25.1 pips

60 min chart

8/11

$3,203.60 + $251.74(7.86%) = $3,455.34

Today’s gain +7.86%

Total gain +72.77%

Another slow day at the markets. Just waiting for tomorrow’s action

TC,

Getting profit of 1 million with this tiny amount is not possible as far as my concern, it can be dangerous if you will do forex with big lot size and will do forex with greedy mind, so be careful and perform positive trading with small profit target for efficient survival.

It is nice that you are earning through scalping during overlapping session but I think you are targeting very huge amount, you should be aware as it can risky and can destroy your balance, be careful and rely on minimum profit.

You are doing pretty good work and working with this scenario you can achieve such target and you can grow efficiently as you are performing your trading with positive attitude. Although it is big challenge but you will achieve, carry on your work.

TC, not seen any updates for months, how’s it going?

He probably went bust trying the same idea as I did. The only way you can make stable and constant returns in this business is by starting with a large amount of equity. Clearly you need the knowledge and experience too. Lets face it, retail traders dont look long term and as such risk to much in the short term. Rule No. 101

Good luck!!

I am sure; after 14 months this ID will be inactive; lolz! Please, don’t take it personally!

Because he is “finnished”?

KC

Oh I just noticed; it’s a very old thread!

Lol yep he blew his account and has gone back to hiding. Maybe he’ll come back with a different name.

$1000 to 1 million :open_mouth::rofl: :exploding_head:
anyone here fared to accept the challange? :rofl:

It’s possible! And I see; there have so many threads with old trading system and those links are not available right now; that tells the real story!

1 Like

Yeah, when I saw the thread I started to scrolling to see the end. The guy was a total newbie, no one can boast of positive pips daily like that, Only a newbiew does. He blew it for sure.